slug.com slug.com

1 0

Black togetherness

Ok, I have a bunch if friends who are passionately black and I see a few posting how if you are black and have a different opinion on the current state if things with the police you are helping the problem. Ok, first this presumes all blacks even agree that there is a police Vs black problem. So knowing that bot all believe that this basically is saying if yiu have a differing opinion you are not black. How does this help your narrative that blacks are no different than whites? How does this even line up with MLK saying you should be judged, but by skin color but by character when apparently having black skin means you must all agree on an issue or you arent really black and are a traitor?

Joehlert11 7 May 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My friend, you are seeing the hypocrisy. The other day Joe Biden goes on the Breakfast Club and says basically if you aren't voting for him (aka a Democrat) "you ain't black". Black social media was outraged, how dare he! But I know that they love group think. If you fall off, you aren't black. Group think is real and strong in the black social media world.

The days of referring to MLK as a symbol of what we want from America are long gone. All they see is color and damn your character.

Lets say there are 3 major stories a year about Black Person vs White Cop a year that come up. Our population is about 328 million and black people are around 12-13% of the population. In my head, that doesn't sound like a real issue. Sounds like possibly bad individual incidents that should be addressed according to the law but not a sign of racial injustice between black people and the police. Polls come out about how much does racism affect your daily life and even those polls show that it's barely existent because these are not published with their names on it.

But what do I know. I'm a traitor.

Lol yup and damn me for trying to throw any of this out there as i can't have an opinion cuz im white and don't know what its like to be black. Ok well yeah you’re right but i know about hard times and i see and hear black people saying the opposite of what is being said, im just voicing other black opinions. And if they happen to be an overly liberal black person, “how dare you say i’m not black. I identify as a black man and shame on you for not recognizing my truth!” Lol

@Joehlert11 Right now in particular, the american black ideology is very schizophrenic. "Acknowledge that I'm black but why do you only notice that I'm black?!" or "Black is my identity but stop only seeing me as black". I can imagine it's confusing for well intention people of other races.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100069
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.