slug.com slug.com

7 0

People are brainwashed since their birth they are made fear about religion and fear on unseen god!

murshid 2 May 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So don't be brainwashed. Read the Bible, so you know what it is, not what someone's opinion is. Same with everything else. Anyone who believes the media today is so dumb that they need someone to tell them what to think. If you are smart, find out firsthand for yourself.

Similarly, should he read the Koran, the teachings of Buddha, the Hindoe scriptures, the truths about Sikhism, the ying and the yang of Taoism, the spirit of Shinto, the principles of Dianetics.... and for that matter, Have you?

I wasn’t at all i mean yes some are forced to view religion as bad and damaging but not always. i don’t like religion very much in the sense that some people will actively tell people this is right every thing else is fake and thus is the only way to a certain thing. we all have different beliefs and it needs to be respected

Although I have done some reading of the philosophies founding other religions, I won't claim expertise in any. However I am convinced that the Holy Bible calls for faithful Christians to unconditionally accept other's free will to choose or not to choose Christianity and love them as they love themselves regardless - just as God loves us in spite of our flaws. That is actually the "Great Commission" of the New Testament - our current call to Christians, and clearly says it is the greatest of all the commandments. Romans 5:10. "For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"

I apologize for Christians who are not familiar with this central part of Christianity. I was one of them for many years, until the gently loving correction of more well grounded Christians led me to study Scripture a bit more intentionally.

And I encourage you to research each religion thoroughly enough to be certain in your mind and heart of exactly what they are - not what people say they are. I have experienced that almost no one knows what they are, except those who have studied the subject carefully, such as theologians. And they are a treasure trove of knowledge.

I have learned to my satisfaction that there is a fundamental difference between human beliefs and the reality of God. The reality of God does not care who wrote each philosophy, such as Islam or Buddhism - each written by one man. Those might as well be editorials written by any "journalist" today about how to live one's life. But they are more about human cultural beliefs, and have little to do with who God is.

The Holy Bible was written by dozens of witnesses to the life, death and resurrection of Christ. So it is a history, written by those almost all tortured to admit they made it up, and none ever did, under the pain of death. There is no equivalent - nothing even close, in any other religious philosophy.

And just as I may have done more harm than good in the name of Christianity when I knew much less about it, true Christian faith can never be destructive.

"Religions" are human institutions, no different than exclusive clubs or corporations. They may or may not be about a relationship with God.

@TimTuolomne some of the writings in the bible were written long after jesus was gone and many were written long before he was ever born. the romans picked the essays they wanted to present to the people. the bible was put together 400ad.

@lukewarm, the Old Testament is a collection of stories to tell us who we are - basically it informs humanity, largely in denial, of our fallibility. The New Testament is our current call to faith, and more of a description of who God is. The timeline is not terribly relevant, especially compared to other religious philosophical treatises, and doesn't change the facts of the description of who Christ is.

Long live great America

I sure hope so.

Nowadays they are made to fear America for no good reason.....

Some are.

Fear is a great motivator to have people do what you want them to do.

Fear runs deep in some folks...

@rushman Small world, isn't it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100166
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.