slug.com slug.com

2 3

A bit more of this behavior and the rioting will stop so the protests can continue.

cRaZyTMG 7 June 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I need to reiterate once more that I do not support the looting or vandalism or any violence by the protesters, I do not think it will calm down as long as the police are still militarizing and escalating things.

In Minneapolis you had cops shooting paint rounds at people in their own homes: [minnesota.cbslocal.com]

You have cops directly attacking reporters:
[twitter.com]

You have cops continuing to kneel on people's necks:
[twitter.com]

I've heard reports of protesters who surrendered and got on their knees with their hands up, and the cops pulled off their masks and goggles and sprayed them with mace.

I have friends in Philly who saw the protests - a bunch of people peacefully walking down 676, not looting or rioting or anything, and the cops showed up and sprayed them with tear gas. As people ran away and were leaving the vicinity to escape the gas, they were fired upon with more tear gas.

[twitter.com]

The ones taking advantage of the looting and rioting, for whatever purpose, are despicable. But the escalation is not going to end this any time soon.

So ... as a side question ...
Aren’t all “Protestors” basically “Protestants” by nature (and religion)?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100971
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.