slug.com slug.com

2 4

Here comes the cancel culture again folks...

'COPS' show gets cancelled after 33 years, 'LIVE PD' may be next as leftists attack police-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 June 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is this against whites? That's weird, all the AMERICAN COP SHOWS have no whites in them, they're all foreigners in them the ones we watch in AUSTRALIA. Who cares, they're still people, aren't they? MY MOTTO IS; NO LIFE MATTERS MORE THAN YOUR OWN! I love America, and have all of my life!!! What a shame so many are degrading such a once great country, that could have been again, but there are some that want to pull it down and destroy that which was built up by hard working American and Foreign people, that gave their blood sweat and tears to do so, and along comes THUGS and destroys it for them, Shame on Them!!!

Good. Cops, local news, and graphic crime blotters fill the unconscious with racist images.

I never watched Cops myself (don't care much for television at all aside from news and movies), but that's beside the point. Remember, if the cancel culture wields enough power and influence to ultimately force a television show's cancellation, they could conceivably come for any shows/sources that you hold dear to your heart.

@SpikeTalon It was literally canceled, yes, but not because of "cancel culture." There was no campaign to get it canceled. The network made a choice to cancel it, something networks do all the time. Perhaps in the current social climate they finally realized that it was racially harmful and sucked.

@WilyRickWiles Why did they make such a choice though, and somehow I doubt that it was strictly because the show sucked, there are other possible factors to consider. The cancel culture does have a hand in examples such as that, most of which is taking place behind closed doors though. As for the racial part, there are plenty of tv programs that would be guilty of that much, some of which are favored by those on the political left.

@SpikeTalon Is there an acceptable way for social change to happen under capitalism? Or is social change inherently bad? This decision took place behind closed doors because it took place in an authoritarian, capitalist firm. Would it have been better if the public could weigh in? Perhaps all of the people protesting last weekend? Should the network be making decisions based on revenue alone, not any value judgments? Shouldn't we consider that in a changing social climate, COPS is no longer profitable?

@WilyRickWiles Free-market capitalism is a system, you can't blame systems or any other inanimate source or object, but you can and should blame human beings though. Too many people confuse capitalism (which is meant to serve mankind) with this thing called... greed. Blame greedy or selfish human beings, not the system, that's where social change (or whatever you wish to call it) gets it wrong. Social change can certainly occur under capitalism, create an incentive, one of which would benefit both parties involved. The network's decision should come based on viewership and not because some people are outraged. In regards to that, I do not know either way if that show was succesful or not, but would venture to say that being it has been on air for so many years it must be somewhat popular. All the network did was bend to the will of the "outraged" crowd. In regards to the changing social climate part of your comment, who's to say such is legitimate or not, who gets to make that decision? It only stands to reason that a good portion of Americans do not and have not resorted to being outraged, regardless if they be right or wrong over such. Lastly, I think Floyd's murder was horrible, but you won't see me going around pointing the finger claiming all police officers are evil, because it wouldn't be fair to judge all like that for the actions of some.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102757
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.