slug.com slug.com

10 9

LINK Don't ALL Lives Matter? Why Saying "Black Lives Matter" Is Wrong

Some people claim that the statement "Black Lives Matter" really means "Black Lives Matter, TOO". However, this is open to interpretation, because the "Too" was not included and is not said.

Other people claim that "Black Lives Matter" really means "ONLY Black Lives Matter", which has just as much validity as the "Black Lives Matter, TOO" claim - each interpretation adds a word that refines the statement.

Without a modifier, “Black Lives Matter” means exactly that - “Black Lives Matter”; it doesn’t inherently include or exclude anyone, it completely ignores any life that is not “black” altogether.
This might be appropriate if the only victims of police killings were “black” - but more “whites” are killed by police than “blacks”; so saying “Black Lives Matter” ignores any non-“black” victim and acts like their life, and death, don’t matter.

On the other hand, the statement "All Lives Matter" needs no modifier to determine specificity - "All Lives Matter" requires no interpretation, because "All Lives" includes "black” lives. Despite this, people are attacked and vilified for saying "All Lives Matter" - a sentiment that nearly everyone in society at least CLAIMS to agree with.

How often is "Black Lives Matter" met with "No They Don't"?
I've never encountered this; the overwhelming majority of society DOES believe that "black" lives matter, and rightly so.
So if the "Black Lives Matter" movement is founded on the idea that people believe that "Black Lives DON'T Matter", and need to be told that they do - ...where are they?

If no-one can provide an example of people actually believing that "black" lives don't matter...
and everyone agrees that they do...
doesn't that mean that the purpose for the "Black Lives Matter" movement has been met?

Some people will ponder that question and retort something like "when "black" people aren't shot by cops"... but that will never happen, and should never happen; there are violent criminals (of every race) and sometimes deadly force is needed to stop them.
It's sad but true.
Also, police officers are human.
They are fallible.
They make mistakes.
They have prejudices.
What happened with George Floyd was no mistake, and it isn't being treated like one, nor should it be; there are unfortunately circumstances in which innocent people are killed.
But you claiming that ALL police officers in the entire country, and the entire judicial system, are racist. That's just a ridiculous claim, and to consider that as a possibility, that would mean that all of the “black” police officers, staff, chiefs, detectives, lawyers, etc. are racist against their own people…. and I just don’t think that’s realistic.

There are surely people - of every color - who are motivated by hate, racism, and prejudice; but there are also good people - of every color - who fight for what’s right, see outside the simple-minded prism of race, and treat others with the respect and decency they deserve.

cpurcellartwork 4 June 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I still haven't figured out how you are supposed to figure out what color other people's lives are. (Mine is purple with gold stripes.) If people are willing to scream at me because of what I say or don't say regarding 'Black Lives Matter' I'm not convinced they think my life matters enough for them not to want to end me.

Hello.

I'm sure most people think this way (see photo).

I would also point out that it is wrong to to discuss racism simply by referring to BLACK slavery; the history of slavery includes WHITE slavery. Why does the history of WHITE slavery always, ALWAYS, go unmentioned by anti-racism (BLM) activists? Because it doesn't fit in their narrative. In my cynical mind, some pose as anti-racism activists but they actually want to keep racism going for their political gain - they are not genuine. They're playing identity politics - both the left and the right. It's toxic. Don't get sucked in, or you will become a useful idiot for them. I think it is very important, for adults and children alike, to learn facts objectively and develop critical thinking skills.

I think my greatest difficulties here are definitional. What is racist, and what is not? What is reality, and who gets to define it? Whites are accuse of being 0%, across the board racist whether we know it or not - and even whether we want to be or not. Yet BLM's name, whether they know it, and whether they want it to be is racist. When you put a restrictive adjective in front of a noun, "Black Lives," "racial justice," "social justice," you are separating whatever the noun is from the rest of the examples of the noun, declaring that type of noun to be different in quality from the other examples. If an organization was started that called itself "White Lives Matter," would it not be considered racist? And I can't help but wonder how many scholarships might be made available to Black kids, or how many Black kids could be fed, or how many community gardens could be set up using the that BLM spends protesting a murder that is being treated as a murder by the system they're protesting against. I just don't get the logic.
I listened to a Black gentleman who was trying to explain to Whites about White privilege. I'll get the details wrong if I try to be specific, but at one point he started talking about the injustice done to one or two Black guys back in the 50s(?) who were lynched for having raped a girl they didn't rape. Through his talk, he listed a number of very specific instances, and I found myself thinking, "Wow, he really knows his history. I wish I knew history half so well!" Then I started thinking about that. He was't born with that knowledge in his head. He either grew up hearing about it at home on a regular basis, or he spent time specifically researching the subject - or some combination of the two. My guess is that he heard about it growing up, in the exact same way that children of KKK groups undoubtedly get taught about all of the injustices supposedly done to Whites by Blacks. I've no doubt they can quote dates, places, and names, too. So how is it that one group is racist for doing something, but another group is not racist for doing the same thing? I agree with Morgan Freeman - to get rid of racism, we have to stop teaching races and racism. We have to stop telling our kids what horrible, stupid, hateful, ignorant, murderous, racist, etc., the "other" race is.
My other issue is that while BLM claims that it is peaceful - millions of dollars that could be used to help the Black community are basically burned up by rioters and looters. Those same rioters and looters destroy any credibility that BLM has. Would it not make sense, then, for BLM to take great pains in preventing rioting and looting? Would it not make sense for BLM to come out very strongly (perhaps not staging protests, but vigorously opposing) any rioting and looting in connection with their events? Maybe they do, I don't know. I certainly don't hear it. Again - I'm just not seeing the logic.

#NLM no lives matter. All that matters is survival in nature- if you cannot survive, then you don't matter.

That ideology might work for a reclusive anarchist who is self-sufficient - but that's much easier said than done.
You probably overlook the ways in which you rely on other people (most of us do) and the necessities of life that are provided to you by others, even indirectly.
We all rely on the hierarchy of society and require the support of that society, even at a very minimal degree, to survive in our day-to-day lives. Survival in modern society is a completely different atmosphere than survival in nature, and requires people to work together towards common goals and mutual benefit.

@cpurcellartwork no, i don't just don't give a fuck about the coming die-off....everything you wrote is pure sophistry

@johnny_G nothing in my comment was false or deceptive. Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'sophistry'?
You talk a big talk but without the many modern conveniences, benefits of society and access to necessities I doubt you would be able to 'survive in nature' very long at all.

Hello everyone, I would appreciate if everyone takes out time from their valuable busy schedule and life to watch this video. I hope so you won’t regret as it is something everyone needs to be concerned about.Please share.

Saying Black Lives Matter is okay.

Saying It's okay to be White is evil and racist.

Let that sink in.

Black Lives Matter is just a leftist front. They don't care about the lives of people who have worked hard and achieved things in life. They don't spare the businesses built by black entrepreneurs who make wise decisions to build something that matters. To them. the only goal is tearing down those who have achieved so that they can loot what remains.

Not everything is a "leftist front" or the fault of liberals.

@JacksonNought Does anyone disagree with your obvious statement? You are responding to someone who called out a very particular organization that is so obviously a leftist front that the only criticism against calling it a leftist front is the fact that “fronts” are supposed to at least try to hide who they are fronting for. The BLM non-profit asks for donations to be sent through a Democrat Party affiliated payment processor called ActBlue. They take a larger fee off the top of every donation compared to the largest payment processor, PayPal and all other major competitors. For every BLM donation I believe the figure of 4.5% is What is taken off the top and is kept by ActBlue, a company that exclusively funds Democrat Party campaigns and elections. They are a Democrat Party front. If you want to split hairs on calling them a leftist front then we can agree or disagree that the Democrat Party is leftist.

I think insisting that Black Lives Matter implies they're inferior. jmho

The problem is that BLM groups specifically state what they believe. The name doesn't matter, the message does. Trying to argue against their message with semantics is just diluting the issue. Why aren't people complaining that the NRA only cares about rifles and not handguns or other weapons? Why is it only an issue when it comes to BLM? You see these kinds of mental gymnastics all the time, often as a deliberate attempt to dismiss the issue. For example, rather than acknowledge Kaepernick silently protesting against police violence, you start accusing him of disrespecting the flag and the troops and why should he care he is a rich athlete and he should be fired let's burn his jersey. You will also see people complain that BLM isn't saying anything about black on black crime, so they must not really care and it must be a Soros funded conspiracy or something, clearly ignoring the difference between criminals committing violence and state sponsored authorities committing violence against those they should be protecting. You will see people make excuses that the black victim wasn't a model citizen and might have been on drugs, as if that is deserving of being choked or shot.

Most people know that BLM doesn't just mean "only black people" - the people who yell out "All Lives Matter" are just trying to play the victim and pivot from the issue because it doesn't affect them and they do not care. These are typically the same people who protest quarantine lockdowns, but then tell everyone they need to follow the mandatory curfew from the protests. These are the same people who bring guns to a rally because they are trying to rise up against government force and they scream in the faces of police, but then they have no problem with government forces tear gassing and shooting at protesters so that the president can have a photo op and they say we should support the police.

It is a sickening pattern - a notoriously subjugated group tries to raise an issue, and then the privileged class starts whining that they are the real victims and why aren't they the center of attention anymore. Black people try to raise awareness of a pattern of police violence with Black Lives Matter, and the white people have to complain that they aren't included and say All Lives Matter. Gay people try to take pride in who they are, going against years of discrimination, with Gay Pride - and straight people complain that they are left out and try to have Straight Pride. Women in Hollywood try to raise awareness of rampant sexual misconduct with MeToo, and men have to interject with Not All Men. Non-Christians say hey, we have holidays in November and December too, and Christians start complaining that there's a war on Christmas.

No one is actually trying to say "all" cops are bad or racist or violent. But you see all the time how cops (like in the Floyd case) will stand by and watch and not intervene when they watch their fellow officer kneeling on a man's neck for almost 9 minutes. You see how 2 cops in Buffalo were suspended for clearly pushing an old man down resulting in a violent inury, and 57 officers resign in solidarity with the suspended officers. You see time and time again how officers will protect their own and turn a blind eye to corruptions. Not all cops are bad, but if you allow bad cops, you are not a good cop.

You also say you believe all people are equal. Well that is what BLM is trying to make happen. At lockdown protests you see white people with guns shoving and shouting in police faces, without masks during a pandemic, and the police stand there and do not react. When BLM protesters stand or kneel with their hands up, you see police fire pepper bombs at them or rubber bullets which cause brain damage and the loss of eyes or shoving people to the ground so their heads crack open. That is not equality.

No matter how you view it, it’s still identity politics. One group is the oppressed and the other is the oppressor. It’s a dangerous game.

Nope. "you start accusing him of disrespecting the flag and the troops and why should he care he is a rich athlete and he should be fired let's burn his jersey." I didn't accuse him of anything...
"BLM isn't saying anything about black on black crime, so they must not really care and it" - have you heard of David Dorn? 'BLM' hasn't mentioned him. He was an upstanding citizen and police officer, murdered over a TV during the riots incited by 'BLM'. Ironic isn't it? He's not the only "black" life that 'BLM' has ended and ignored.

"notoriously subjugated group"? You need a reality check... 'Black Lives Matter' isn't a "notoriously subjugated", it would be much more accurate to label them a racially motivated domestic terrorist organization.

"you see all the time how cops (like in the Floyd case) will stand by and watch and not intervene when they watch their fellow officer kneeling on a man's neck for almost 9 minutes" - actually, I've NEVER seen that done before, and certainly not "all the time"; but that does beg the question: if this is happening "all the time", what makes the George Floyd case special?
...probably because it DOESN'T happen all the time. Nice try though! <_<

"Well that is what BLM is trying to make happen" - don't make me laugh, I almost projectile vomited at my screen! 'BLM' trying to make equality happen? All right I'm done acting like anything you say is valid. Thanks for wasting my time, you foolish nincompoop.

"At lockdown protests you see white people with guns shoving and shouting in police faces, without masks during a pandemic, and the police stand there and do not react. When BLM protesters stand or kneel with their hands up, you see police fire pepper bombs at them or rubber bullets which cause brain damage and the loss of eyes or shoving people to the ground so their heads crack open. That is not equality." - yeah I don't see any of those things, and I think you're absolutely full of shit. Plus, you're segregating people based on nothing but the color of their skin, so the likelihood of me agreeing with any of your word salad isn't very likely.

@cpurcellartwork I'll try to comment on your response in a civil manner, rather than resorting to ad hominem attacks and insults towards your intelligence.

To clarify, when I say "you" in my original comment, I am not accusing you specifically of anything - it is a generic "you" - "In English grammar and in particular in casual English, generic, impersonal, or indefinite you is the use of the pronoun you to refer to an unspecified person, as opposed to its standard use as the second-person pronoun. Generic you can often be used in the place of one, the third-person singular impersonal pronoun, in colloquial speech." So I am not accusing you of anything specifically.

I have heard of David Dorn. His murderer, Stephan Cannon, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, among other things. He was already a felon, a criminal who committed a criminal act. No one is excusing that. Where are the consequences for the cops who killed Breonna Taylor? Are you saying because a criminal committed a criminal act, it means we can excuse and dismiss the problem of police brutality? BLM is focusing right now on the issue of police brutality, not criminals - you cannot condemn a group outright because they are focusing on a specific area and not other areas. Using my NRA example again, why aren't we condemning them for only focusing on the 2nd Amendment, not any rights? BLM as a group condemns violence and has specifically said they do not want people trying to kill cops. If you are going to blame the whole group because an individual criminal used their protest as an opportunity to commit more crime, and someone was hurt as a result, will you also condemn individual violence that was inspired by other groups? Will you condemn Trump for telling his supporters to "knock the crap" out of protesters and promising to pay legal fees, resulting in violence? Will you condemn Trump for calling the press the "enemy of the people" leading to Cesar Sayoc mailing pipe bombs to people critical of Trump? Or do you only condemn it because it is a left-leaning group?

When did I ever say BLM was a notoriously subjugated group? I was clearly saying black people are subjugated, just like gay people, women, and other minority groups - not BLM or other organizations. And again, BLM specifically condemns violence in their name.

Now, I am not trying to attack you, I express this in a place of concern, but you seem ignorant or not paying attention if you don't see anything I am talking about. You don't see how cops are using extreme force and escalating situation that do not warrant it? You don't see how cops don't turn against one another, even when presented with clear evidence of a "bad cop" or corruption? Actually, no one at all is saying the George Floyd case is "special" - that is the whole point of BLM, they continually speak out about this pattern happening over and over again, with nothing ever being done about the root cause. You refuse to even listen to what BLM says, dismissing it and saying nothing I say is valid and insulting my intelligence. You refuse to see the clear difference between how the police treated the lockdown protesters vs BLM protesters, and the clear difference in Trump's words and support in regards to either.

@cpurcellartwork "if this is happening "all the time", what makes the George Floyd case special?
...probably because it DOESN'T happen all the time. Nice try though!"

Good point. Any other unarmed black citizen incident, you could have argued some legitimacy on both sides. I can think of 2 incidents besides George Floyd's that I was saying that the cop was completely at fault. So lets say 3 incidents total...cops have millions of encounters a year. I'd say that cops aren't committing genocide like people are exaggerating.

@JacksonNought

Have you ever looked at the statistics for black people killed by the police vs. black people killed by other black people? We have nearly identical deaths by murders to white people yet we are 13% of the population. Don't you think that is a bigger problem? There are millions of encounters the police have with citizens a year. Police drawing their weapon is rare and actually killing someone is even rarer.

So if you're trying to say David Dorn's murder isn't a bigger indicator of a real problem and George Floyd's is, your perspective is off. Which is greater? 2000+ murders or 9 unarmed blacks killed by police? By doing this, you are normalizing black death because they happened to look like each other.

No one is justifying Floyd's death but we need to have better perspective on reality here and be proportionate with response. We criticize black lives matter because they are no where to be found when black people are dying in mass scales because it's not politically convenient due to shining a light on the real problem. Saying BLM "doesn't imply only black lives matter" means nothing when their actions are the complete opposite. Look on you tube for white people washing BLM members feet. I think that should give you an idea as to what this is about.

@BlackoutNJ as I previously stated, BLM has a specific goal in mind. From their website: "Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state."

The key points here are state-sanctioned violence. This includes unarmed, non-resisting black men having police use extreme force against them, when you see armed and dangerous white men given as much restraint as possible. This also includes unjust incarceration statistics, such as in cases where defendants are pretty much identical in regards to charges and previous offenses, yet the white person is either granted time served or probation while the black person is put in prison - see Allen C Peters and Jaquavias Sturgis, or Brock Turner and Corey Batey, or Chase Legleitner and Lamar Lloyd. Heck, remember the whole "affluenza" thing? Think about stories you hear from white people, reminiscing about underage drinking or drug use from their past, maybe even run ins with the cops catching them - it is almost always fond memories of kids being kids and learning lessons; if a black person has a story like that, it is almost always something that gave them a record and lost opportunities. In NYC, how many white people do you think walked around with drugs who didn't get stopped and frisked?

As I said before, why is it only BLM that gets dismissed because they aren't focusing on other issues? They want police brutality dealt with, that is their current focus, not criminals killing people. Maybe some black communities would feel safer calling police into their communities if they didn't think they could be killed by them.

Why don't we hold other groups to the same standard? Where is the wide-spread condemnation of Pro-Life groups because they are only focusing on abortion, and not death penalty laws or crime statistics or fighting against anti-vaxxers or demanding a better foster system (including letting same-sex couples adopt)? Where is the condemnation of groups like First Liberty Institute because they only take on religious freedom cases involving Christianity, and they don't fight for the religious liberty of others like supporting The Satanic Temple monument in Arkansas? Where is the condemnation of the protesters during the quarantine lockdown because they only cared about their virus related lockdown, but not the current for-profit prison system where people are still locked up for marijuana use in places where it is currently legal?

@JacksonNought I am in full agreement of being upset with state-sanctioned killings although I do understand situations where it is legitimate. There are dangerous people in this world and cops have a right to protect themselves from dangerous people. I'm speaking in general, not with floyd.

Pro-Life Groups for the most part just hold pickets and try to convince or shame women from having an abortion. If you think about it, they are trying to convince someone to not kill a baby. There have been extremely rare cases of violence against a clinic and that is extremist behavior. No one accepts this, even pro-life people.

You're giving false equivalencies. Pro-Life organizations aren't convincing EA sports to have children agree not to have abortions when they are signing on. Pro-Life organizations aren't being displayed when you turn on your amazon firestick. Pro-Life organizations aren't showing up when you turn on Netflix.

BLM is beyond a call to action or to bring awareness. It is a political movement and religion. They are literally going after individuals and organizations to ask where they stand like it's the inquisition. They are getting scrutiny because they hold POWER and you should always criticis the powerful especially when they tell you that you can't criticize them. Mind you, this isn't racial....I mention BLM as it isn't just black people behind it, it's white people as well. They are going after those that descend from them.

@BlackoutNJ you certainly bring up fair points. I definitely do not agree with the forced acceptance / "cancel culture" aspect happening around BLM right now, which I do think is getting out of hand. I am not entirely sure if BLM, as an entity, is specifically is going after individuals and organizations, or rather the public at large in the court of public opinion is reacting and causing people to be judged. I don't necessarily see BLM as forcing corporations to speak out about it or put messages on their websites or whatever, I think it is corporations trying to leverage the moment and try to appeal or take advantage to keep their customer base happy.

I definitely do not agree with someone losing their business or being fired because they are don't accept BLM, but I suppose that is the free market at work? If you can be fired just for being gay, I guess it is acceptable to be fired for speaking out against BLM? I don't agree that either is acceptable though.

While you can certainly claim false equivalencies around the organizations themselves, I think it is still perfectly relevant to bring up pro-life groups or religious freedom groups when addressing BLM criticism. You can see in this thread people saying "the name does matter" and it "the name must be inclusive of both black and white people" and going after the name BLM specifically in efforts to tear it down. Your criticism is perfectly appropriate, as you are going after the position of the group itself and how it is affecting people, and I can agree with some of your position. However, many on here do not bring up valid points like you, they merely attack the name and use it as an excuse to dismiss them and shout out "all lives matter" as a response. My purpose is more to show how that isn't a valid response, as you don't normally see people have the same reaction to pro-life or religious liberty groups, which are typically one note and don't support the full cause of their branding.

@JacksonNought I'm glad you can understand my position. I care more for the actions versus the name alone.

Also, you mention someone being fired for being gay, if that is provable, then that's illegal just as much as being fired for believing in a specific religion or ideology. The people being fired are being fired under the guise of "decency" or being labeled "racist" and they don't want to be associated with a racist. They also say "customers are upset" so they will hedge their bets and fire you.

I was actually talking to a friend who is into CrossFit and people were contacting the CEO of Cross Fit about his position on what is going on with BLM via email. Now, he had a terrible response and if I were him, I wouldn't have responded but he was forced to resign.

[cnn.com]

That's why I use the words like inquisition because there are the fringe people who are searching for those that don't believe so they can get them canceled. Lots of prominent people have lost their positions since George Floyd's death all for stating an opinion.

I think people who do cancel culture wouldn't like it if it was done to them. I've actually seen people who are allies get canceled because they didn't use the right word or perfect lingo. They eat their young.

@BlackoutNJ we can agree on the CrossFit thing, and the "inquisition" style tactics.

Actually, it isn't always illegal to fire someone, or even deny housing, because someone is gay. There is no federal protection for gay or trans people, and 17 states have no civil protection.

@JacksonNought I stand corrected. I thought there were changes to the fair housing act but clearly I'm wrong.

@BlackoutNJ @JacksonNought Thank you both for that civil discussion, that's exactly what I came here for. 🙂

Unfortunately mainstream social media sites are overrun with those who have turned the movement into a religion. I'm a progressive person myself, but I'm an independent first and foremost. I like listening to points from all sides and forming my opinions from an informed perspective. But, in this day and age, apparently that means I should be silenced and ostracized for not absolutely agreeing with their religion.

The BLM organization is doing a good job of starting to call out the bad actors who "fly their flag" as it were, but unfortunately it's gone way too far by now so you have people on the other side upset and wanting to take the movement apart by digging at the name of it. I've watched many videos and read various posts from both sides and, in the end, both have their valid points. So my problem by now isn't with BLM or those opposed to it... Instead, it's specifically with those who commit such heinous acts in their name. BLM started out as such a noble cause... But their followers are so absolutely toxic, destructive and self harming via their public actions. The followers have unfortunately de-legitimized the movement a lot. They actively erode the good work BLM has managed to do and given power to their opponents.

I've been a social outcast from all of society for a very long time so I've had a lot of opportunity and time to watch everything everyone else has been doing. The cycle of humanity is repeating itself like it always has, resulting in little to no progress ultimately being made. The political pendulum is going to go into its right wing swing and things are going to get really rough again, but from an extreme right wing side. As a more progressive person I fear this more than the left wing swing we're in the midst of ending. And this one has already been very damaging to myself and society as a whole...

But that's my perspective on it all as someone with no real stake in either side.

@BlitzedWolf I respect your view as well.

I've looked long and hard at the right wing side and I'm not afraid of it anymore. As a former Democrat, I can tell you that it's not scary on this side for me. Once thing you might be overlooking is that the extreme right and the extreme left want almost the same thing, just for different reasons. There are leftists talking about segregation but they are coming from different reasoning methods for it.

From what I can tell, the right side of the isle wants less government involvement, more independence and less taxes. It ultimately comes down to freedom. Which side wants to tell you what you can say? Which side wants to dictate what you can do? Which side is dipping into authoritarianism? If you look at COVID, the states that had the longest and strictest methods were Democrat run. Majority of republican run states had some caution but also understood that the economy is important. I live close to NYC and watching De Blasio trample multiple constitutional rights without care is concerning. The same thing goes to Gov Murphy in NJ.

I don't see good ideas coming from the left anymore. I don't see independent thought anymore from the left. If you question a method, you are pushed to the right even if you didn't want to. Like you said, there is definitely something toxic happening from the left today that I never saw before. Maybe it's hysteria created by the media to have towards Trump...who knows...but it is in full blown crazy mode these days.

@BlackoutNJ "Once thing you might be overlooking is that the extreme right and the extreme left want almost the same thing, just for different reasons. There are leftists talking about segregation but they are coming from different reasoning methods for it."

Oh, I'm very aware of that. xD It's horrible. I remember when I was younger and society was actually putting real progress into true tolerance and acceptance. It was awesome... People were left to make their own life choices and decisions regarding who they wanted to hang out with and no one batted an eye at any of it. It was so peaceful...

"From what I can tell, the right side of the isle wants less government involvement, more independence and less taxes."

I don't have much to say on that other than I am definitely in favor of smaller government. But not necessarily for the same reasons as you. I'm in favor of it because, from what I've observed. larger government has no real concept of controlling an entire country's worth of people. The overall remaining immaturity of all of humanity has shown that country level governing just doesn't work. Laws and rules are forced on whole communities of people who don't agree with those laws and rules. I don't get why smaller communities have to follow the rules that are meant for only a portion of society. It just doesn't make any logical or rational sense to me. And why can't a person, for example, go out into the wilderness and live on their own independent of any existing system, supplying their own electricity, food and such? Why is that we HAVE to be included in the bigger systems? Why can't we just "opt out"?

Btw, I'm Canadian so it's a bit of a different system up here, definitely a more leftist one. Even our right wing is called the Progressive Conservatives. So that may explain why I'm still left leaning, though I think it more comes down to that, as logical as my autism makes me, I'm still very invested in my feelings and the feelings of others, too.

"I don't see good ideas coming from the left anymore. I don't see independent thought anymore from the left."

Yep, as I said and as others have said: It's a religion and not a very good one at that. Comes off more like the world conquerors of history. I can't help but wonder what kind of education the younger folk nowadays have for history. Because it really more looks like the saying "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it" is in full swing among them.

"If you question a method, you are pushed to the right even if you didn't want to."

I mean, that's why I end up sounding more right wing nowadays. I'm the kind of person to call people out on their shit so, since the left is such a massive force currently, I end up criticizing them mostly and, thus, sound more right wing. It's gone so far as to flood my mind with so many critiques about them that I find I can't really think of much else! In fact, I don't even know where I fall politically anymore due to the mental flooding. Every time I look at my local politics everyone just looks like a mess that I don't wanna get involved in. I find I'm becoming more apolitical just cause I'm so sick and tired of it all. I need a vacation and I don't even have a job!

"Maybe it's hysteria created by the media to have towards Trump..."

I mean, there used to be hysteria created by the media against left wing politicians. Actually, there still is, but it's suppressed more nowadays. Which is wrong imo. I don't like either side doing it, but neither should lose the right to do so.

In the end, the lack of knowing enough about history by these kids seems to be directly resulting them censoring people and trying to erase important info about history. And that's just going to create a revolution from the right. I'm so tired of all of the violent conflict. I'm so tired of the stuff I used to perpetuate and think were good ideas... (Yeah, I used think just like them. But I've always been curious so I ended up asking the other side their thoughts and looking up a lot of info myself. Plus many right wing people, after realizing I was willing to listen to them and had calmed down, would tell me about the treatment they've had from my kind. It broke my heart... And made me see how my own side was irrational and illogical.)

You're right that critical thinking doesn't exist very much in the left anymore... But they've convinced themselves that they are. They legitimately think the right is the very way we're talking about the left right now. And I've still sen that kind of thinking from the right, which is why I don't want to them. When people can actually sit down, discuss and hear each other out - not just listen to parts of what's being said and make snap judgments that they don't let go of - then I'll consider maybe joining one of the sides. But I probably won't. I've been ostracized from society since I was 8 so I'm very accustomed to being completely separated and detached from all of it. 😛 I just can't stop caring for some reason - not that I want to, it just amazes me that it hasn't been beat out of me yet.

I'd love it if I could somehow bridge the gap and help mend the wounds from both sides... But humanity is still too immature and wants to keep fighting one another, burning bridges all over the place. I do think we'll get there eventually, but that eventually is literally several centuries away. Progress is way too slow right now and, if the left starts to actually destroy historical documents, it's going to slow down far more...

People have allowed their perceptions to override any ability to listen to differing opinions. I once asked a leftist "Isn't ANTIFA a terrorist organization?" wanting to actually know what that organization is about since I'd only ever heard the right wing perspective on it (I was ostracized from the left by then), but the person assumed I was more making a statement and assumed I was right wing as a result. They told me to not even bother continuing that discussion. We ended up having a more civil discussion about a TV show as a result, so at least that didn't end in some sort of fight, but any sort of understanding was shut down because, rather than being asked my intent, I had a perspective thrust upon me. Which is something I'd also gotten from the right at the time and, as I said, still see persisting to this day.

So that's why I won't go to the right OR the left. Because the majority of both sides don't want to hear differing viewpoints and I will always continue to call people out on their shit. I will always question people's views, even my own. But both sides don't want that, they both want obedient sheep. At least such is my experience when trying to get into either side.

@BlitzedWolf I completely respect you being right in the middle, it's a very balaned approach.

"I'm in favor of it because, from what I've observed. larger government has no real concept of controlling an entire country's worth of people. The overall remaining immaturity of all of humanity has shown that country level governing just doesn't work."

This is why states are important in the United States. I realize that more so now than before. I find that Democrats tend to look more national and republicans look more local. I find that the right-wing wants to have not just smaller government but more so smaller federal government as it can grow so big and absurd. They are worried about Washington DC dictating what a farmer in Missouri does, rather than the Governor of Missouri.

Just because a has 'stated what they believe’ doesn’t mean that their stated beliefs are accurate, or apply to everyone within the .
It’s “an issue when it comes to BLM” because this is racial segregation; not comparing a rifle to a sword.
The #1 receiver of donated to “Black Lives Matter”?
‘Bernie 2020’.
How much did ‘Black Lives Matter’ give to an old “white” guy who isn’t even running for president any more?
$6+ MILLION.

"the people who yell out "All Lives Matter" are just trying to play the victim and pivot from the issue because it doesn't affect them and they do not care” - this is objectively false. Please refrain from lying in your responses to me, or I won’t be reading them. An assertion just as valid as this would be to say that the people who yell “Black Lives Matter” are just trying to play the victim in order to gain preferential treatment and political power because they don’t care about any non-“black” person.

"These are typically the same people who protest quarantine lockdowns, but then tell everyone they need to follow the mandatory curfew from the protests. These are the same people who bring guns to a rally because they are trying to rise up against government force and they scream in the faces of police, but then they have no problem with government forces tear gassing and shooting at protesters so that the president can have a photo op and they say we should support the police.” - Again, you’re making extremely broad generalizations and drawing inaccurate assumptions based on your opinions, and trying to present it as fact. Again, please refrain from presenting objectively false information.
"No one is actually trying to say "all" cops are bad or racist or violent.” - um, yes, there absolutely are people saying that.

"You also say you believe all people are equal. Well that is what BLM is trying to make happen.” - uh, no. Again, refrain from presenting objective falsehoods; BLM does not 'try to make' equality happen, and they never have.
BLM is an inherently racist, openly prejudicial, hypocritical, and manipulative domestic terrorist organizations.

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but the vast majority of this comment was filled with inaccurate, objectively false, opinionated statements from a clearly bias and narrow perspective.

@JacksonNought "You don't see how cops are using extreme force and escalating situation that do not warrant it?” - sure, especially considering that I myself am a victim of police brutality and corruption.
"You don't see how cops don't turn against one another, even when presented with clear evidence of a "bad cop" or corruption? Actually, no one at all is saying the George Floyd case is "special" - that is the whole point of BLM, they continually speak out about this pattern happening over and over again, with nothing ever being done about the root cause.” - I think this is what you're misunderstanding; are you assuming that the “root cause” is systemic racism?

"You refuse to even listen to what BLM says, dismissing it and saying nothing I say is valid and insulting my intelligence.” - do you listen to Nazis? Would you consider the validity of the Gestapo? How about ISIS, do you listen to what they say?

"You refuse to see the clear difference between how the police treated the lockdown protesters vs BLM protesters, and the clear difference in Trump's words and support in regards to either.” - incorrect, again. The lockdown protesters weren’t inciting riots, looting, violence, arson, etc. so of course the reaction to these groups is not equivalent. But go on, blame it on racism like everything else. <_<

@JacksonNought If the KKK posted a nice little message online would you accept it as genuine as easily as you have with 'Black Lives Matter'? BLM is a domestic terrorist organization as much as the KKK is.

The amount of hatred, personal attacks and accusations I received for posting this on Facebook is insane... the post wasn't hateful.
I didn't single anyone out with disrespectful accusations.
I didn't make ANY judgements based on immutable characteristics.
I didn't state or suggest that any group of people is superior or inferior - and even specified that I believe all people are equal.
Despite this, people called me all sorts of vile things, accused me of racism and "white supremacy", "white privilege", etc. what kind of uneducated, prejudicial, immature, selfish person has a problem with equality?
Racists, that's who, but they'll never acknowledge their racism because they change the definition of the word to suit their nefarious purposes.
They'll claim they CAN'T be racist, while simultaneously proving that they absolutely are.
It's disgraceful.

They can't thinik for themselves total brainwash by left media, education, entertainment, music. BTW, want to get more people upset? Shorten your work to a paragraph or less as more will read it.

You didn't get the memo? Claiming your Not racist means you're a really super duper racist.

@VoicesCarry Don't forget having black friends is racist too lol

Unfortunately Facebook is a cesspool of nonthinking humanoids. I like what you posted if that matters to you.

@BlackoutNJ I've just resolved myself to the fact that I'm a racist. Sigh.... 😉🤪

@VoicesCarry And I've just resolved myself to the fact that I'm an Uncle with the first name of Tom

@BlackoutNJ well aren't we a pair?! LOL

@BlackoutNJ it's sad to see what Facebook has become... I've always considered twitter to be a cesspool, but Facebook at least USED to follow their own rules... now, anything even slightly disrespectful or insulting to anyone gets me locked up in Facebook jail, while certain other people are allowed to spew hateful insults, personal attacks, profane and vulgar comments and posts, and even directly threaten me, and they face no repercussions. If I report them, I get lied to by Facebook reps, who falsely claim that whatever I reported DIDN'T violate their "Community Standards" (which is changed all the time), or I'll get the excuse that they "couldn't prioritize my report". Meanwhile I'm getting blocked for weeks at a time for making comments that DO abide by their rules. It's very frustrating.

@cpurcellartwork Well I guess slug is your new home then. I've just used facebook for messenger and I was doing travel oriented things on there but with COVID, the black travel groups have turned into Online BLM rallies.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102894
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.