slug.com slug.com

7 1

Saw someone posting about this earlier, and I can confirm such. This is for Android users, not sure where to find this notification on Apple though I imagine it must be somewhere under the settings. On Android go to the settings and look under the tab that says Google, and there you should find an option for Covid-19 notifications. It appears this option doesn't matter much if you haven't installed any contact tracing apps, and Bluetooth and location need to be switched on before using such apps (which I seldom ever use either of those). Would have been nice to have received some sort of email notification from Google that they added that, I sure didn't ask for it. Hope this was helpful.

SpikeTalon 10 June 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd rather have a app that tells me if there's a libtard nearby.

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked mine, and sure enough, it's there. I use a Google Pixel, so I wouldn't expect anything less LOL.

I'm not sure what participating apps are available, so I'm guessing this just refers to the underlying framework that makes notifications possible. But I find it unnerving that they're using bluetooth to detect other nearby phones and their ID.

Concerning indeed.

This is why I don't have a smart phone, it's just a basic flip. That being said, it can still access the internet and has bluetooth, so there could be a stripped down version of that app in there somewhere. Since I don't use the phone much, it usually sits on the kitchen table (or in the bedroom if I forget in the morning), and I don't even take it with me when I go shopping or run errands. Basically it's like I'm living in the 80's as far as a phone goes. They have no idea where or when I go, and I use cash, so they don't know what I buy either. I'm also keeping my basic early 1980's car that has no computers or GPS tracking either - not to mention I can also maintain and fix it myself. I'm probably one of the people they hate the most because they can't keep tabs on my daily details.

Thanks for the heads up

Thanks Spike! I didn't even know, when I checked my phone the bastard was there!!!

Sure thing.

I recently installed iOS 13.5.1 on my iPhone. It installs with the contact tracing disabled. From Settings I went to Privacy, then Health to find it. I have turned off automatic updates and will always research to make sure it stays off before manually updating my phone.

...just laying the groundwork for Big Brother, one baby-step at a time.
It doesn't even matter if they're doing it on purpose, i.e., "as a conspiracy"... they're doing it, nonetheless.
Anything that you can switch off can be switched right back on remotely, without your knowledge or consent.

True, but one thing they can't make me do is download a contact tracing app from the PlayStore.

@SpikeTalon do you know what was in the last "automatic update"? ...or the next one?

@rway I have those updates disabled, did so from the start. Way I see it, if I wanted firmware updates that desperately I'd just get a new smartphone.

@SpikeTalon If they want to put it on there, they can put it on there.
I'm not saying "that's the plan", but... that's the plan. 🙂
Your phone is under their control not yours.
The million dollar question is: who is "they"? Government and Big Tech are increasingly partnering in pursuit of common interests. There is an arguable (yet, bullshit) need to violate your privacy in numerous ways; under certain "urgent" circumstances.
But... once that ability is established, the constraints on how "urgent" those circumstances need to be, tend to be relaxed at will.
Their will, not yours.

@SpikeTalon I seriously considered switching from an iPhone to an Android, but I paid $1,000 for the iPhone and don't have the funds to buy an equivalent Android. Plus, I think it is just a matter of time before the contact tracing software is on ALL cell phones. It is getting difficult to avoid Big Brother!

@rway They aren't installing any apps via the PlayStore, as I disabled that app too. Aside from that method and website sideloads or transferring files via a USB stick, there are no other ways to install apps to a device, not that I'm aware of. You are right of course, their plan is to control everyone's "smart" devices, which is a big reason why they hate it when people root their devices...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105784
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.