slug.com slug.com

11 2

Is it time to cut our losses and go our separate ways? If you were to split up North America, how would you do it? Here is a stab at it:

United North American States
• Alaska
• Idaho
• Montana
• Wyoming
• Utah
• Colorado
• Nevada
• Arizona
• New Mexico
• Texas
• Oklahoma
• Nebraska
• Kansas
• South Dakota
• North Dakota
• Iowa
• Missouri
• Arkansas
• Louisiana
• Mississippi
• Alabama
Florida
• Georgia
• Tennessee
• Kentucky
• West Virginia
• North Carolina
• South Carolina
• Western Minnesota
• Southern Virginia
• Southern Indiana
• Southern Illinois
• Eastern Washington
• Eastern Oregon
• Eastern California
• Alberta
• Saskatchewan
• Manitoba
• Yukon
• Northwest Territories
• Western Ontario
• Eastern British Columbia
Northeastern United States
• Wisconsin
• Michigan
• Ohio
• Pennsylvania
• Maryland
• Delaware
• New Jersey
• New York
• Connecticut
• Rode Island
• Massachusetts
• Vermont
• New Hampshire
• Maine
• Eastern Minnesota
• Northern Virginia
• Northern Indiana
• Northern Illinois
• Nunavut
• Quebec
• New Brunswick
• Nova Scotia
• Newfoundland/Labrador
• Eastern Ontario
Pacific United States
• Western California
• Western Oregon
• Western Washington
• Western British Columbia
• Hawaii

Peelsr 5 July 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not willing to cede a single square inch of territory to thugs and criminals. If they want their own country they can find it elsewhere. Good bye, good luck, and good riddance!

The simple truth is this would not appease those that still protest, this would just be surrendering more ground and it still would not be enough. We had segregation, that did not work then, it won't work now. Every able bodied person in this country has the chance to make their own way with the god given gifts they have been blessed with. The rest will never be happy even if you gave them the world, they will just seek unrest and violence.

I don't trust the Canadians enough to allow any Canadian states into a remade United States. Furthermore, that would add a needless complication to the whole process. I would split the United States only.

I would start with segregating the northeast. Ideally, we could split everything east of I-95 going from the DC Beltway north until somewhere in Maine or maybe New Hampshire. Maybe this area would go west of I-95 to some extent. Maybe all of Vermont would join this area. The border might be somewhere west of the interstate, but I-95 would largely define the boundary.

In the west, I would see I-5 as defining the border. Ideally, the southern border would be Los Angeles and the northern border would be San Francisco for the California section. That would leave the free states with the Pacific Ocean port in San Diego and allow real Americans nearer the coast in far northern California to remain in the United States. I would have another I-5 section going from Portland to Seattle. Maybe this section would run south of Portland for a little bit and pick up Eugene or some of those areas. I'd like to keep the Anacortes, Washington area in the United States because there are two refineries there and ports could be established. Again, maybe the actual border would be a little bit east of I-5, but I see I-5 as the primary border.

In the center, I would build a section with Chicago, Madison, Detroit, and Cleveland as the corners of some kind of quadrangle. Setting the actual borders would be difficult, but those would be the main places to consider.

That would leave three or four main problem cities that wouldn't fit anything very well. These would be Atlanta, Minneapolis, Denver, and Austin. I would lean towards letting Denver take a little bit of land around it, particularly stretching towards Boulder, and being loosely incorporated into the quad-state around Chicago. Minneapolis would probably do the same. I'd see Atlanta and Austin being forced to become real American places again.

Alaska would remain in the United States.

Hawaii could do whatever it wanted.

the large democratic city centers will be walled off and the rest of us will keep the country anyone causing trouble will be sent to city for punishment.

Nah. There was already a movie where the bad elements of society were rounded up put in a city and walled off from the rest of the world. It was called escaped from New York. Also Escape From L.A.

was just saying the same thing

Well, according to the New Republic of Africa, aka Pan Afrika, they lay claim already to the southern United States of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

[blackpast.org]

May I suggest you read Curt Schlicters books - Indian Country, Peoples Republic, Wildfire, Collapse. All very fun reads. Not very long - I read them all in about 2 days each. Not exactly very demanding timewise.
Given the way things have been going here in USA over the last 20 years or so the "fracturing" of America seems tragically very plausible - it could happen.

You realize some of those are Canada, right?

In a geohistorical earthquake of this magnitude, may things are possible.

A fractured US is no longer a Super Power.

What does that even mean? i.e. what difference does it make?

Yes, we will be a hyper power, once free of these parasites.

@frankdracman Meaning the states that split, split with military equipment and populations. The likely result would be years of the same stuff USSR went through and is still going through. I understand the sentiment, but I think that the removal of some of the power structures in the Dem states would bring the US back to full strength and is worth fighting for. Just my opinion.

South Dakota has absolutely nothing in common with California, New Mexico and Colorado - just for one example. There should be some logical thought to your proposal.

There is a night and day difference between the counties of Eastern California and the West coast of California. The coastline from 1 hour north of San Francisco to Irvine in the South are the most populated part of the state - extremely liberal. The remaining part of the state are actually comparatively conservative. The same could be stated about the coasts of Oregon and Washington, compared to the eastern counties in these states.

@Peelsr, Long ago I proposed to my reps that a more accountable system of governance in the US, would be to abandon the existing states, and make each of the eleven hundred counties in the US into states, making the United States, a country of 1100 states.

Accountability would be restored to the levels of the Colonial days, and the fraudulent would be scurrying for the dark. Furthermore, those “states” with more in common could aggregate into districts, perhaps then into independent countries.

I would look forward to the Constitutional Republics thriving, as the Leftist enclaves sink to an abyss like the Soviet Union.

@Peelsr The same is true for British Columbia. Vancouver has the population and is Liberal, the other 95% of geographical is mostly Conservative.

I can't help but think that if we cave in and allow the country to become divided as such, we let the divisive progressives win, as their ultimate goal is to sow division. With that said, it does appear more and more that the next civil war is lurking right around the corner.

You think they want to let us go? They feed off of us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110643
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.