slug.com slug.com

3 8

Canadian psychologist Steven Pinker is one of dozens of writers, artists and academics who signed an open letter in Harper's Magazine criticizing cancel culture — where prominent people face attack for sharing controversial opinions. Other signatories include J.K. Rowling, Salman Rushdie and Margaret Atwood. Pinker spoke to CBC News about why he felt compelled to sign it.

Megistus 4 July 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been trying since mid-Obama to talk to other progressives about the growth of identity politics and how it would eventually eat the left. These people all waited until the mob was at their door to speak and they spoke out with a letter that is still overly diplomatic and not candid enough.

To make a difference they need to basically tell the others in media that if they continue to play the cancel game they will point out all their own flaws so that they, too, get canceled as this seems to be the only motivation. Certainly not because it is the right thing to do.

I don't know who this guy is, but I have to say, that was brilliant! The interviewer did her job admirably, too - challenging her guest to make his point, while not being argumentative to the point of displaying overt bias against him.

I'm not hugely familiar with the CBC, but this would have been one of their better segments, right?

I felt like she was shaming him slightly "People say..." and then she kept trying to make the point that allowing right of left opinions was allowing hate speech.

CBS is Canadian equivalent to CNN in American journalism. That is to say they are not so much a Journalistic organization are they are NWO propaganda outlet. I am actually surprised they interviewed Pinker. If they really knew who he is and all about his writing and lectures I don't think CBC would have talked to him on air.

Already there are Howls of Indignation from the “Liberal-Left Pseudo Intellectuals” AGAINST this action taken by ... “Liberal-Left Pseudo Intellectuals” ...
Already the MOB has turned on some of Their Very Own Thought Leaders for DARING to THINK!!!
Already some of these “Thought Leaders” are COWERING before the Wrath of the Monster THEY Created.

It would be Hilarious were it not such an indication of how Far Down the Rabbit Hole the MOB has gone.

They were fine when the mob came for speech they didn't like. They were comfortable then behind their gates and in their towers. It's rather like waiting until Sauron has the ring before deciding to write him a firm letter and sign it "the free people of Middle Earth".

@ThomasinaPaine
Maybe not that bad ... maybe they write the letter as the Nazghul are dragging the Hobbits off behind them like cans behind a honeymoon car.
The Ring thing is more like when there’s a foot in their back forcing them into the furnace.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111406
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.