slug.com slug.com

6 0

Is my logic sound?

SwiftFiction 4 July 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm glad to have evoke such discussion on this-- all of your answers are very well informed and added much to the dialogue.

I agree with @UlrichArbes that this is not technically a triangle as defined. Actually, you don't even need 4D nor this "portals cheat (sort of)". You don't need 4-dimensions if you're defining these portals in a 2D (exactly as your drawing is in 2D). You don't even need the portals in 4D (or whatever) if that 4D space is positively curved. You don't even need it to be a positively curved 4D space, you can just have it a positively curved 3D space such as a 3-Sphere or even a positively curved 2D space like a 2-Sphere (a "real" sphere in 3D) and have a triangle in that space like this triangle on the sphere in this image (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/End_of_universe.jpg/275px-End_of_universe.jpg) with each angle being a right angle (or whatever) with a total sum of angles greater than 180°.

The point is then that, for 2D or higher, God can't create a triangle as correctly defined with more than 180° in a flat space, can't create a triangle as correctly defined with 180° or less in a positively curved space and can't create a triangle as correctly with 180° or more in a negatively curved space.

So, if you think about omnipotence, isn't it then reduced to less than actual omnipotence which would be paradoxical, that God can't create a rectangular circle, or can't create a correctly defined triangle with more or less than 180° in a 2D or higher flat space, or can't create a rock so heavy that he can't lift?! Isn't it then that God can only do what can be done (as constrained by the nature of things, including him or constrained by himself)?! Isn't it then as per this reduced meaning of omnipotence, man is also omnipotent since man can do what can be done and can't do what can't be done as constrained by the nature of things (for example, man can walk and run but can't fly like Superman, or can't lift heaver than he/she can)?!

This whole thread is freakin hysterical

It is not a triangle as Math defines it, but nice try!

Well, I don't necessarily agree with Aquinas, But your logic is not sound.

Explain what you mean by "Line segments fold against each other in 4 dimensional space." The 4th dimension isn't a place you can visit. A dimension is the least number of coordinates required to locate a point in space. X, Y, and Z axes provide this, unless the object is in motion. Then coordinate T (time) is required.

Aquinas has been wrong on all his teachings.
God cannot sin: he/she murdered 42 young boys for teasing an old man. And not just murdered... mauled to death by bears.
Still have to find an honest person to tell me that was not a sin.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111513
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.