slug.com slug.com

8 4

How to solve the Chinese problem?

I'm British and fully support my governments stance on China. The British government last week decided to remove Huawei from our 5g network and hopefully and more scarily remove them from involvement in our nuclear power stations. The Chinese what they are doing in Hong Kong is against the agreement of the hand over.

This is where I think China is bullshitting the west. They have for their part made retaliatory threats and may well go through with them on their own sanctions. unfortunately the Chinese economy is pretty much based on being the sweat shop of the world. Their economy is based on making goods for cheap and having a cheap labor force. Today it's hard not to buy goods that were made or partly made in china. If we stop buying their goods their economy pretty much comes crashing down and with it their government. I think we in the west need to start to manufacture our own goods again and invest in our own people and stop the reliance on funding the Chinese government. As strange as it is we in the west have created the power that China has and made it into what it is today. We need to think long and hard if that is a good price to pay for our cheap goods.

What do others think on this?

Thehappyoyster 4 July 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We can vote with our money. I buy American-made shoes. I never buy Nike, because slaves make their shoes, and they virtue signal. The same goes for any product.

There is no easy fix that makes everyone happy!

Democdats are owned by China. Send them to China.

If are talking about Democrats who are US citizens then you should deal with your own rubbish not export it.

Nixon and Kissinger started us down this road. It was hailed as brilliant, right up to the point, where some one noticed they stole all of our Stuff. I must say in each Democrat Administration, we all became even more accommodating to China. With Republicans it was their legacy deal of the Century! After a while, with our neck now put into the noose, we became convinced, China was the Future! Then a nasty guy who built Gaudy tacky unfit for high brow praise buildings, decided to pull our neck just a little bit out of that noose.......
Soviet style Thug Culture was still beloved by some in the World, and so a second go at the Idea of Paradise, was accepting China. Who played it smart and cool and stealth, and laughed at us, how easy it was to walk off with the silverware, after we paid for the meal. What will this undeclared war with this cool Thug culture, look like? It may be a long slow unwinding......some still hope our nice intentions can still work... Good luck with that.

Chinese economy is pretty much based on being the sweat shop of the world. Their economy is based on making goods for cheap and having a cheap labor force

This is true of almost all Asian countries and a number of Central and South American countries too - not China alone.
Generally speaking the populations of what we call the 3rd world have been the "cheap labor force" of the Consumerist, capitalist Western ("1st world?) countries - think USA, Canada, Australia, all of Western Europe and Great Britain.
China a paradoxical in this regard. While China has brilliantly entered the age of digital technology they remain a 3rd world Nation insofar as their underclass citizens are concerned.

A number of decades ago I remember talking about how Western manufacturing companies were "sleeping with the devil" when they moved all manufacturing of consumer products to the 3rd world.

China is the only reason I voted for Trump. The authoritarian left cannot even see the threat. You stick the word communist in front of a fascist government and they can't deal with the cognitive dissonance.

India ! We must support India. We have a debt of honour to pay. Without them we'd be knee deep in Germans running our country. We owe India .... this is our chance to pay them

India is a fine country with a rich history and heritage.

You are absolutely correct!!!!!!!!!!
What is the REAL price of Chinese goods???????????
Constance threats, manipulation of our money and way of life, not mentioning the effects on the rest of the world!!!!!!!!!
How many of OUR legislators are bought and paid for by the Chinese?????????
When and where do WE draw the line???????????????????

In the USA ...
First it was Japan building cheap and cheesy transistor radios ... I was a kid but I thought something wasn’t right ... then they nuked Our Auto Industry and the parking lots of Auto Manufacturers began filling with Japanese Cars.
Then it was Nixon/Kissinger and suddenly China was making cheap and cheesy ... the they nuked Our Textile and Clothing Industry ... Our Toy Industry ... Our ...
Then it was Clinton/NAFTA and the Mexicans suddenly OWNED Our Entire Hardware Industry ... almost OVERNIGHT.

Trump might not have been the FIRST President or “Politician” to SEE We Are Getting SCREWED but He’s the FIRST to Actually Point it Out and Try to Stop It or Reverse Course.

IF that were the ONLY Thing He did, I’d Support Him 100% ...
BUT ITS NOT ... NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

TRUMP 2020!
I’m really more concerned about who we have for 2024

@Bay0Wulf I am starting to hope that Don JR. throws his hat into the ring!!!
So far, he sounds a lot Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I suspect I can figure out who his top personal advisor might be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wouldn't that piss off the LIBs???????????????????

@Serg97
I’m looking at that as being highly possible but a lot of that is going to be determined by how much of the swamp is drained and how much of the deadwood is eliminated.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114432
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.