slug.com slug.com

2 5

Can I nip something in the bud:

If Harris' parents were legal residents in the US, not just on student visas but registered aliens, then Harris is a FULL CITIZEN for purposes of the VP or President offices.

I know, my parents were resident aliens legally in this country and I am a full citizen (confirmed by my brother, born just 10 months later and my parents in the same circumstances, when he was given the highest military security clearance) even under the oldest readings of the law.

tracycoyle 8 Aug 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who is doubting Harris' qualification based upon her citizenship? It's a ridiculous argument.
One more fine point - USA is one of the few (if not the only) Nation that bestows birthright citizenship. For decades there has been an ongoing problem with wealthy foreigners (mostly Chinese) traveling to USA and arriving just in time to coincide with the birth of a baby - automatically giving that baby US Citizenship. After the baby is born they almost immediately return to their home country with a birth certificate showing the babys' dual citizenship.
Kamala Harris was born in Oakland California. Regardless the Citizenship status of her parents Kamala Harris is a "natural born citizen of USA"

Period.

So, move on folks - nothing to see here.

Her birth certificate has been circulating on the Right for several days - NOT here. I've seen it because of the range of sites and the people I know. I've tried to step in when it has come across my view.

On the birthright status - it is not Constitutional. However, the courts (lower) have repeatedly upheld it. It has generally been prevented from getting to the SCOTUS and by the way, that is one of the reasons DACA is being CAREFULLY managed by the Right and the Left politically. If they screw up, it could get to the Court and then all hell will break loose....

....unless the Chief Justice twists himself and the law into knots as he did with ACA.

@tracycoyle fair enough. But I do argue that her Blackness, and her citizenship are of no consequence and have zero value as ways to impugn her as qualified to be POTUS candidate.
If we/the right can't defeat Biden/Harris just on the basis of their woeful records as politicians then we don't deserve to win either...of course all "cheating" in the vote processes aside.

@iThink I fully agree. I have no need to "attack" either Biden or Harris personally (though I think Biden's mental decline is fair game) because their positions and plans are full of opportunities to distinguish the candidates.

Thanks for the information.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:122042
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.