slug.com slug.com

2 1

Welcome to the Annus Horribilis 2020. It is clear, as we approach the midway point of the year, that this one is going down in the history books. There are fearful scenarios on the horizon. But even these are only the mildest symptoms of a much larger, much darker event; a New Dark Age. In 1995 I had a radio show in the middle of the night on WFMU which broadcasts to the New York metropolitan area it was called the Prelude To The New Dark Age. I've decided that it's time to revive the title again to begin to look at the Dark Age that is seeping into our lives. Meanwhile Bob Dylan said it best "The Titanic sails at dawn. Everybody's shouting 'Which side are you on?' "

kresica 7 Aug 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The momentum we have been building up since the mid-eighteenth century when we started powering our world with coal was the beginning of our downfall. We passed the point of no return about mid-twentieth century with the harnessing of the atom and the throw-away economy. We are now going through such exponentially growing harvesting of our world resources that we are rapidly approaching the collapse. At this rate we probably have no more than 50 years. The world has gone through numerous mass extinction events and this is just another one. Humans will probably not go extinct but have a total population of a few million, and the world will start on a new path of evolution and rebuilding.

Dunno. But I love the picture...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123900
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.