slug.com slug.com

3 1

Tennessee mom says parents asked to sign 'ridiculous' waiver they will not eavesdrop on kids' online lessons

[foxnews.com]

RAZE 7 Aug 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A child should receive as much of their education as possible from their parents. Where the job of educating is contracted out there should be full transparency so parents know exactly what their children are being taught. Theoretically, the parents should be the people who know and care most about a child's best interests. If that is not the case, things need to change so that it becomes the case. The state cannot substitute for parents and, as a rule, they should not try.

I asked that question on Quora.
Feel free to add your thoughts before others do.

Should parents be allowed to see the educational materials a public school gives their children?

Yes, they should definitely be able to see anything their children see at school.

Frankly, I suspect that the more that parents listen in, the more they will want to send their children to private schools or to homeschool them. The latter is a growing trend that I hope more and more people will join.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124920
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.