slug.com slug.com

2 2

LINK Golden Rule

Nearly all religions have some form of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" but not many people actually follow this Golden Rule in their personal lives. Why do you think this is?

turnerjolene48 7 Aug 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with @KeithThroop

Even many atheists / agnostics would probably agree that this is a good principle to live by, but believing in a principle and following it are two different things... kind of like making a new year's resolution and fulfilling it (only this has eternal implications).

I think Romans 7 explains it quite well... probably the start of chapter 8 too, through to roughly verse 8.

Right on.

It is because they are sinners in need of salvation. For what it's worth, I actually deal with this teaching of the Lord Jesus in what became a blog post a couple years ago. You might find it helpful.

[reformedbaptistblog.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:126195
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.