slug.com slug.com

3 0

Signs of life on Venus.[news.mit.edu]

maxmaccc 7 Sep 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space.”

― Carl Sagan, Contact

I can not help seeing the moral incongruity if not outright contradiction in people, scientists, "smart people" who go all breathless and aflutter over a possible discovery of "life" in places other than Earth.
Yes, I hate to be a party pooper but many if not most of the folks who react that way to "possible signs of extra-terrestrial life forms would not think twice about the destruction of human life still inside the womb.
There is excitable, wide eyed chatter about extra-terrestrial life forms - talk about the wonder and sanctity of "LIFE"! Wonderful, beautiful LIFE! - nevermind the life of unmeasurable potential for good that was "nipped in the bud" - destroyed before it could grow, develop, become its fullest good self.

Life on Venus! beautiful! Life is a wonder and a beautiful thing!

...unwanted life in a womb...kill it!

I believe there’s other life forms, but we humans are too wild to handle it and might kill them; either with our germs or weapons.

Maybe other lifeforms are what we would consider "germs". They might be deadly or benign.

Interesting discovery, but I'm not holding my breath on scientists ever discovering lifeforms on Venus.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:132244
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.