slug.com slug.com

3 3

As the postal scandal died off we now see USPS problems with mail-in voting...
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really have no problem with the concept of “Mail in Voting” provided that it is a Verifiably Legitimate Ballot that was Specifically Requested and Verifiably Issued To, and Verifiably Posted By the Voter in a Required Enclosed Envelope that has no “Party or Political Affiliation” Markings.

However, if all the above criteria are met, it is essentially an “Absentee Ballot” so why didn’t they simply stick to “Absentee Ballots” to begin with?

I’ve never seen anything prohibiting John Q Public from using an “Absentee Ballot” from their home even if they lived across the street from their Polling Place.

I am not sure who it favors, other than lost ballots. Last week we had a package delivered blocks away from our address. A month ago, we found a check someone wrote to pay a bill stuck to our mailbox post. The address on the check was miles away. The USPS handles allot of packages, and has a greater than 95% success rate, but do you want your ballot to be part of the 5%?

Well, if a Voter chooses to gamble on not being part of that 5%, that too is a “Choice”.
The only real concern I have with the USPS carrying Verifiable and Legitimate Ballots is that the Ballots should be required to be received before Election Day and, if Ballots go “Missing” they should not prove to be “Targeted” Losses. (ie. Predominantly from a particular “Voting Type” District)
The Law of Averages should mean that an equal percentage should prevail among the “Losses” an not particularly impact any one Party or Candidate more than any other.

There is little doubt that mailing voting favours the Democrats by far.

Only because there are several ways to “Cheat the System” in the manner in which it is typically done.
One thing to fix this would be to remove ANY “Affiliation Markings from the envelopes and use Self Sealing Tamper Proof Envelope Seals ... and the Envelope should be Keyed to the Enclosed Ballot.

Heck, on Important Envelopes I regularly use 2” HD Clear Packing Tape over the Seal ... you aren’t getting into that envelope without destroying it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:132890
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.