slug.com slug.com

3 4

Minneapolis cop drops a bomb on terrorized business owners praying for 'reinforcements'-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"As far as a long-term plan I don’t have one. I have lost 30% of my street officers since the end of May. Budget cuts from COVID-19 and an additional 1.5 million from the council in August we have let go 17 CSO’s and cancelled a recruit class of 29. A potential Cadet class slated for January of 2021 was also eliminated. I takes about a year to get a police Officer onto the streets with hiring, backgrounds and field training so reinforcements aren’t coming any time soon."

You know, I'm still trying to wrap my head around defund/ abolish police. Also, defund will lead to even bigger problems. The few remaining cops will be spread thin and more likely to make mistakes. New cadets, coming in with underpaid salaries, won't be of the same quality. I stand by my belief that higher paid jobs in general are sought out by more people.

More competition creates a greater pool of individuals to choose from. Hense, you can find the best for the job. A good example of this working well would be doctors of particular fields. An example of where some defunding would work well is for the overpaid politicians that are "in charge".

I have said for a long time. The left is ALWAYS about anarchy. The rest is total rhetoric and BS

Pretty Sad ...
This is the response to the request for help ...

“As far as a long-term plan I don’t have one.
I have lost 30% of my street officers since the end of May. Budget cuts from COVID-19 and an additional 1.5 million from the council in August we have let go 17 CSO’s and cancelled a recruit class of 29. A potential Cadet class slated for January of 2021 was also eliminated. It takes about a year to get a police Officer onto the streets with hiring, backgrounds and field training so reinforcements aren’t coming any time soon.
We are doing everything we can with what we have.
I hate to see great businesses like yours and the rest of your corridor being victimized and feeling unsafe.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.”

@JVIP-WTPNN
Um ... you do know that I was quoting the response from the article?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133898
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.