slug.com slug.com

5 10

I'm in favor of that, would be most interesting to know the identity(s) of the funding sources.

House Republicans call for hearings to identify rioter's sources of funding-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Oct 4

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, please.

HAA. Conservatives overwhelmingly supported Citizens United and the establishment of the 501 - Corporations that allow this kind of dark money to flow unchecked and riled against the Obama Administration when they scrutinized the flood of conservatives organizations applying for 501s. Now they want transparency? This will go nowhere fast.

Probably the huge coverup hiding all the murders and hundreds of burned buildings and ruining the lives of black business owners by conservatives. No one heard about that so no problems.

@Penrodster I'm not suggesting that conservatives are funding these groups. What I'm saying is that conservatives overwhelming support the legal vehicles that allow the anonymity of contributions to 501s and other money harboring depositories. You don't get to see if the money is being used for good or evil.

@TyKC I don't deny some conservative-based groups are crooked, but that's not what this post was about though. It was to investigate who exactly is behind funding radical groups like ANTIFA which has primarily been behind rioting across the country that in turn has led to looting, property damage, arsons and even deaths.

@SpikeTalon That was exactly my point. These groups, to the extent that they are organized, are likely 501s. They don't have to disclose who funds them, and in many cases, probably don't know or care. The FBI already tried going after ANTIFA and determined that there was really no organization, no head, just an ideology. Those House Republicans are just spinning their wheels.

@TyKC The FBI has not concluded beyond any doubt that ANTIFA is strictly an ideology.

@TyKC Ahhh, see your point. If these are 501c groups then Antifa is trying to play both sides, registered group with leader who can register for tax exempt status and "gosh, we don't exist at all."

Disagree with your assessment of conservative support for 501s, If they exist they have to be used and that is bad. Most of us hanging around here are much less statist and more libertarian in outlook.

@SpikeTalon Well, here's is what Chris Wray had to say about ANTIFA:

[nationalreview.com]

@TyKC That was an opinion piece, and curious that you share from a known right-leaning source, so is that a confession that right-leaning media sources do in fact report on issues honestly? If your answer be no, not sure then why you shared a link from that source.

With that much aside for a moment, ideology alone is not responsible for acts of violence and other criminal acts, behind each radical ideology there must be some sort of basic organization among the adherents of said ideologies. Who if any leaders ANTIFA may have is not the point, the point is individuals who identify with ANTIFA have been communicating with each other in order to carry out criminal acts. Those who are inclined to support the likes of ANTIFA are for the most part overlooking that detail.

@SpikeTalon I could have referenced a more liberal source, which would have simply said that Ray testified before Congress that ANTIFA was an ideology not an organization, which he did. The issue with right leaning media organizations is that they succumb to the temptation of lumping all leftist organizations that they don't like under the umbrella of ANTIFA. The term ANTIFA simply means anti-fascist. Who on the left, is not an anti-fascist? Pretty much no one. Frankly, most run of the mill conservatives don't bother to research what the ANTIFA ideology is. I lean left and I don't know understand it. Sadly, all this does is point out how lazy and dishonest modern journalism has become. They see some gang members looting and try to convince us that they are driven by some sophisticated left leaning ideology. It's nonsense. All it accomplishes is to perpetuate hatred against people who have different political views than they do and provide click bait for their drivel.

@TyKC Personally speaking, I don't believe all of those who lean to the left politically speaking are ANTIFA sympathizers. Any media sources who are either progressive or conservative-based will most likely end up being slanted in some way in regards to their journalism, dishonesty affects both extremes.

I'm anti-fascist too, but doxxing or even physically assaulting someone who does not share in your political views is too extreme for me, and alot of ANTIFA sympathizers have become radicalized as such (think punching in the face who they perceive to be a Nazi, for example). The disturbing part is, a good portion of those who ANTIFA would consider to be an enemy are not really their adversaries in reality, like the Libertarian-leaning individuals for instance. These days there is a lack of communication between the two political extremes, and that in turn has led to the divide that we see. With that said, the ANTIFA ideology (if you choose to call it that) is far more sympathetic to left-leaning causes than the right, as most rightwing groups do not hold worker labor unions in high regard, whereas the left would so ANTIFA is more at home on the left. Of course, there are anti-fascists on both sides of the political aisle though.

@SpikeTalon Well, ANTIFA advocates violence against fascists, which should be condemned by both the right and the left. The more ANTIFA ideals are marginalized, the better. It serves no purpose to make them larger than life as is done in too many right-leaning media outlets. The left-leaning media has mostly done their part by ignoring them, although not always. ANTIFA gets too much press from the right. The right would be far better off not talking about them or just disavowing violent ideologies altogether without giving free advertising to violent groups. Today, you have ANTIFA on the left and QAnon on the right. This has become symbolic of the war between left and right. Both these groups promote extreme nonsensical doctrine. Critical thinking groups should should have nothing to do with them in hopes that their extreme views die on the vine - that people will see their nonsense for what it is.

@TyKC I can agree on the media coverage part, ANTIFA and QAnon have gotten far too much press coverage, more than they need or deserve.

I thought they'd done that a month or so ago?

Apparently not.

follow the money, it would be quite useful in prioritizing which ones need to go first

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:137786
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.