slug.com slug.com

2 0

I'm not fond of spreading the "white privilege" paradigm...
... but I feel no remorse at spreading the "rich privilege" paradigm.

TheMiddleWay 8 Oct 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think ANYONE would deny that great wealth brings unbelievable privileges. All of us are keenly aware of how Justice is definitely NOT blind.

I think Trump received those treatments because he IS POTUS...first and foremost

@TheMiddleWay I disagree - I think Trump is fully aware of the economic/social strata and he knows that he has access to things that relatively few people have.
I don't think Trump is snobbish at all - before he entered politics he hobnobbed with people from all walks - I also believe Trump is fully aware of the prestige of the office he holds and I believe he has reverence for it. He just is not skilled nor does he value the idea of putting on airs. He is vulgarly plain spoken and unapologetic. If he were not a political interloper POTUS folks would probably describe him as iconoclastic. Somewhat like HS Thompson. People would sit with baited breath waiting to hear the next thing that will pop out of his mouth. LOL
It is a very interesting contrast between Trump and Obama. Trump White born into wealth - crass, unpolished, unapologetic for being himself. Not particularly arrogant.
Obama, born into near poverty, learned early on how to use language to get what he wants - polished and talented orator. Slick - not as slick as slick Willy (Bill Clinton) but still...
Given their public personae you would think Obama came up in wealth and Trump was the son of working class parents...if you didn't know already.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138075
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.