slug.com slug.com

2 2

Fellow empaths

How are you handling all this world stuff? Layoff? COVID? Friends? Finances? Negative, mean people?

Simplicity38 5 Dec 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"How are you handling all this world stuff?"
Alcohol, the internet and breaking the rules occasionally.
Finances... I'm saving a fortune on travel and hotel costs.
Friends... Zoom,Twitter and Skype.
Mean people... are a source of debate as long as they can separate subject matter from personal attacks. The personal attacks are not hurtful, just a distraction from a possibly interesting, intellectual journey discovering other peoples thoughts on a multitude of subjects. It is something of a rarity to find such a person on Slug.com though, present company accepted of course.
How about you? How are you coping with any restrictions to your normal routine?

Alcohol. A slight increase here too. Finances haha Touche'
Thoughts aren't my thing. I am geared more towards the emotional side of people, which sucks. Course I am sure thoughts don't come through clear either.

I am not handling any of it well. New job. New bullies. Way less finances. Major life changes that under normal circumstances, would be major enough on their own.

I was spending more time camping but ah, winter.

Isolating. I know it's not good to do it for so long, but there's only so much I can take.

I get it. My only saving grace is my canines.

@Simplicity38 Starting work in a new environment can be stressful especially when the established employees want to put the new girl in her place.
Determination wins the day though and once you settle in, hopefully it won't be so bad. Winter camping is okay for a weekend out in the elements, especially if you have all the gear. I love walking my dogs up the mountains near me although we don't really have the cold weather that some endure/enjoy.
The one saving grace is your dogs truly love you unconditionally no matter what.
I can't wait for these restrictions to be lifted so i can visit family again. Skype just isn't the same as hands on.
Nice chatting to you,
Take care.

@maxmaccc Thanks Max. I am very surprised at the mix of people coming in, wishing all this to be over. I do have all the gear, just have to find a decent place that's open, cause, covid ya know (insanity).
But I am finding myself easier fatigued with negativity these days.

I hope you get to soon and don't have to travel so far for it. Family is important, one of the hardest parts of all this.

Ditto. I love chatting.

@Simplicity38 "finding myself easier fatigued with negativity"... well said. It seems I have a shorter fuse and more fragile defenses.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:162600
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.