slug.com slug.com

4 2

LINK Hustler publisher Larry Flynt dies at 78

RIP to one of the great fighters for free speech and even freer titties.

TheMiddleWay 8 Feb 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“My position is that you pay a price to live in a free society, and that price is toleration of some things you don’t like,” he once told the Seattle Times. “You have to tolerate the Larry Flynts of this world.”

One of the original people being "canceled" my the Religious Right. Funny that the people celebrating his death and hating on him are the same people crying about Trump being kicked off of Twitter.

Good bye scum bag commie

so how do you think Flynt would have been received if he were publishing his magazine in the current politically correct environment? Certainly he would be seen as a misogynistic purveyor of flagrantly objectified women...no? Don't you think he would have suffered the punishment of being canceled by the hashtag me too crowd?

I don't see Flynt so much as a heroic figure regarding 1st amendment rights so much as I see him as a clever man who had clever lawyers who managed to turn the tables - change the narrative of his prosecution from purveyor of smut to victim of over zealous prudes who wanted to limit his 1st amendment rights.

His motivation was more about self preservation that it was about defending the 1st amendment IMHO.

His magazines showed a lot more than "free titties". You could get that in Playboy Magazine and dozens of others like it. Hustler IMHO did not glorify the female form so much as it reduced it to the level of skanky smelly pussy. His magazine was in no way flattering to women or more specifically to the female form. By comparison Playboy was almost innocent in its treatment of the female body. Just a wee bit more skin than you would see in a Betty Boop film or a pin up collection that was popular in the middle 1/3 of the 20th century.
No, Flynt was no hero. He was just good at finding a legal loophole that allowed him to continue to purvey his cynical smutty magazine.

Thanks for posting but knowing he was probably a hero to you in a really sick sort of way, later troll

Care to explain?

@JacksonNought No

@TheMiddleWay I took a chance in approving their first comment to see if they would provide context and actually have a point, but now looking at their comment history, they definitely appear to be a typical troll. Best ignored, I suppose.

@JacksonNought Sorry if I hurt your feelings but left man is a troll

@lnosbourne I don't think you understand what that term means.

@JacksonNought I think your a liberal

@lnosbourne I am. I fail to see your point?

So at this point you have just proven yourself to be a troll, so I have nothing further to say to you.

@lnosbourne I assume you think that's a bad thing.

@TyKC Liberalism is a mental disorder, this is not my quote but is out there for all to see

@JacksonNought How do you have a rational conversation with someone who thinks liberalism is a mental disorder?

@TyKC Seek help for the disorder would be a good idea

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:184746
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.