slug.com slug.com

1 0

LINK LGBTQ Artist Grace Baldridge Now Has the Top Christian Album on iTunes

Message from Ken Ham
Openly queer artist Semler, the stage name of Grace Baldridge, claimed the number one spot on iTunes’ Christian album chart for two days and counting this week. Baldridge’s newly released “Preacher’s Kid” knocked Lauren Daigle’s album “Look Up Child” from the top of the chart, where it had held steady for the much of the past two years.

How did this happen? "It has risen to the top of the iTunes charts in a few days with no radio play and no assistance from a label. Because Baldridge has achieved this success simply with the help of her followers, some have referred to the phenomenon as 'GameStopping Christian music.'”

In other words, LGBTQ supporters used social media to force this to the top of the chart. It's all part of trying to normalize this anti-biblical worldview for the younger generations. At the same time, I do feel such sadness with her appraisal of the church. In many ways so much of the church is lukewarm and compromising God's Word (e.g., in Genesis), with shallow teaching and an experiential emphasis, not giving answers to today's attacks on biblical authority. Sadly, the result is often people like her. “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15–16).

christiannerdy 5 Feb 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello. Not quite sure what exactly you're protesting against to be honest... Are you against LGBTQ+ people as collective? Are you against the supporters of LGBTQ+? Are you against LGBTQ+ being allowed to be Christians? Are you against her music being NO.1 on the chart because it is composed by LGBTQ+? Incidentally, there are LGBTQ+ members on here. Do you automatically hate them because they're LGBTQ+? I'm confused!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:188139
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.