slug.com slug.com

2 4

The cancellation of Dr Seuss should disturb you, as you could be next-
[thefederalist.com]

Dr. Seuss has been cancelled. Some of his work has been deemed racist, and we can’t have that. On Tuesday, the entity that oversees the estate of Theodor Seuss Geisel announced it would no longer publish six of Geisel’s books because they “portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong.”

Among the works now deemed unfit for children are Geisel’s first book under the pen name Dr. Seuss, “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” published in 1937, and the much-beloved, “If I Ran the Zoo,” published in 1950. The former depicts a “Chinaman” character and the latter shows two men from “the African island of Yerka” in native garb.

SpikeTalon 10 Mar 3

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We should not burn his books, we should not burn his nooks. We should not burn the crooks, who want to burn his books.

We should not burn them in a box. We should not burn them with some clocks. We should not burn them with some lox, we should not burn them wearing socks.

Would you burn his books with a fox?
I'd be tempted to if the fox was a younger Courteney Cox...
But since that not be the case, they could get that cancel culture crap on out of my face...

Joking aside, your comment above was good.

@SpikeTalon Thanks, lol. And yeah, Courtney Cox was - and is - indeed a fox. A shame she's part of that Hollywood crowd.

This is extremely alarming. This revisionist history censoring is so disturbing. I'm always struck by the towering conceit of the woke when they make these pronouncements and demand books and ideas be canceled and silenced because they believe they are so righteous and can't brook any opposition to their catechism.
Is there a way to petition amazon or google to reverse these really bad, censorious decisions?

Only if you want to get cancelled, too. Google & Amazon will fact check you and then you'll go bye bye from the Internet.

No

Not sure, but I had considered maybe starting a petition of the sorts on this site and share the link to the post containing said petition with Google or whoever else the petition would be aimed at.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:194033
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.