slug.com slug.com

2 3

Last night had an experience that reminded me of the weird times we live in. There's a CVS drugstore a block up the street where I live and needed to get something there real quick before the store closed at 7PM. When I got there they were about to close so there weren't many people around (three people that I saw, two workers one customer). Went to the cashier and she gave me this dirty look, then I looked to my left and this lady who had been in front of me in the line was staring at me and also looked at me strangely. Thought that was kind of odd the looks I was getting, and when the cashier gave me my change she talked in what appeared to me in a standoffish manner. On my way out the door I noticed the other employee was also looking at me, and she looked angry. The way those people were staring at me, I'd swear they wanted to kill me or something, it really gave me the creeps and I knew something had to be wrong. Then when I walked out the store it hit me, I realized why they had given me dirty looks... I had forgotten a face mask.

That experience got me thinking in regards to how our Goverment/politicians over the past year have conditioned people to be paranoid and fearful if they ever see another out in public without a face mask. Things are so bad that it's gotten to a point where if you're caught maskless in public that automatically means you have Covid and are spreading it to others, minus any hard evidence that even be true. Truly dysfunctional and fearful times we live in...

SpikeTalon 10 Mar 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The public is being conditioned to obey. But that's not the real trick? They are being conditioned to enforce the conditioning on those who fail to obey.

I haven't experienced any subtle hostility like that, but I've noticed my own reaction when people in stores don't wear masks.

I get angry.

It's not because I think they're being inconsiderate. It's because I resent wearing a mask, and I selfishly think others should have to share my misery.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197969
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.