slug.com slug.com

2 0

LINK There's no proof the Oxford vaccine causes blood clots. So why are people worried? | David Spiegelhalter | Opinion | The Guardian

The benefits of vaccinations still outweighs the cost. People need to understand the difference between causation and correlation. Probably should learn it in 5th grade.

jsegor 6 Mar 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ah yes, 'The Guardian'. Great source. From it I learnt that architecture is sexist. Who needs real journalism when we have opinion peices to dictate what we should think and how we should feel.
Meanwhile, enjoy one of my favourite guardian peices:
[theguardian.com]

It's a cost/benefit decision. So far, the evidence points to a benefit of mass vaccinations of people WHO NEVER CONTRACTED COVID-19. There may be some concern for people who already had COVID-19 and got the vaccine. I will link that article shortly.

We live with risk every day. Driving my car has a risk of a rare tragedy, but the benefits of that risk over a population is worth it. We try to reduce that risk the best we can as we learn more about potential problems.

Same with the vaccines. More will die without them. You can make your own choice. I have made mine.

@jsegor sure, you can also argue that for precisely the same reason (risk/benefit), people shouldn't get a vaccine. What are the mid-term and long-term risks/effects of the vaccine? - No one knows, since it hasn't been developed and tested as rigorously as previous ones. It all looks good on paper and in theory but so have plenty of other failures before that.
And The Guardian is a trash source. Using an 'opinion' piece from it does not help your case.

40 cases equals no proof. Funny maths

Did the 40 cases come from people who already had COVID-19? There could be a risk there. Will link that concern shortly. Worth investigating.

@jsegor no 40 cases had vaccine

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:199966
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.