slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (326 - 350)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I will keep you posted.

As I just signed on I need time to browse. Hopefully I can contact this support again if I have feedback.

I’m THRILLED to have found this site.

I’ve felt so displaced and during this pandemic I’ve not thought there were voices and people who seek truth.

I’m excited to learn and contribute, and share. I have an interestingly crazy cool life and have been so blessed with amazing experiences.

I can’t wait to learn more. I heard the term on joe rogans podcast from eric Weinstein. I was researching the Epstein case, heard him talk about meeting him, then saw joe interviewed him, etc.

So far signing up has been easy and navigation fluid! Thanks!

You need a mobile app. That was the first thing I looked for

I’m on a mobile app, on my iPhone.

Just learning how to navigate and use your site. Guidelines on use and how to use should be easier to access. For instance what is level 4? For that matter what us 2 or 3 how do you get there and why are there different levels at all? Explanations would be nice.

Cool, no thank you for creating a space for Free Speech and Intellectual debate.

Nope. They ban people for wrongthink too.

I'm new to Slug today, though I've slogged through the IDW for awhile. As I see something which might help, I'll try to let you know. I came here by referral from Sydney Watson. I'm a Bill of Rights 'absolutist' and my exasperation with YT & FB is past the point of no return.

Please make a phone app. The website is not great on mobile. Otherwise good stuff

Having individuals or groups have the ability to post live videos. Being able to share content from elsewhere to this forum over here. I want to thank Sydney Watson for having her supporters become aware of your public form.

No image propagation with posted links.

Can you elaborate?

My first day on the community. I expected a civilized, and thoughtful argumentative community, and found something completely different. Perhaps a thumbs down button would be useful so that those who post nonsense get some feedback.

Use the "angry face" 🙂

Hi, I am continuously alerted to replies, by 2 individuals having an argument after I made a comment. Their argument has nothing to do with me... yet I'm getting lots of alerts all day long about their replies to each other, can this be stopped or can you only alert the person being replied to not the person who originally replied. Hope I made that clear, its is a bit confusing if you don't actually see whats happening.

@AlpacaLunch Would defeat the idea of posting in the first place eh...

Hi, Admin! One quick question: What are profile questions, and why don´t I have any?

@AlpacaLunch @UlrichArbes ... whoops, fixed it 🙂

@Admin Thank you. New nitpick: If I vote for more than one item in a category, only the last one I choose seems to be processed! (At least that´s what the message says.)

@Admin Thank you. Another small nitpick, though: If I vote for more than one item, only the last item I vote for is processed, or at least that´s what the message says?!

Thank you! First day here so I'm a bit slow with this still so sorry for responding so late. I look forward to reading and participating in more discussions.

Your editor needs some work. It falls short & does render what's been edited how it's edeted. Just a word to hel;p, if it will. Thanks, 1914wizard OUT

Suggestion: I get the impression that SLUG is growing quite quickly. There seem to be more comments and groups than when I joined. If this is true how about giving everyone a boost by giving us some stats?

We are sponsoring youtube/etc channels with banned content so new signups is spikey... we've 60k+ members now

This country was founded on the principles of freedom and responsibility. It was a grand experiment conceived of by great thinkers - men of character and conscience. Perfect? No man is perfect. The ideals on which the country was founded started to be pecked away at almost immediately.

I have done a lot of reading and thinking of late. Still recovering from or dealing with the PTSD that I reluctantly had to admit was a bi-product of being in a 10 year relationship with a psychopath, I struggled to understand what had just happened to me. Then this. When one is in the midst of discovering that an errant type of human exists, learning what gaslighting is, etc., it is easy to see how the country and its purpose are deliberately being subverted.

One of my go to phrases is: I've endured enough BS for 3 lifetimes and I don't need any more. I started being aware of a huge cognitive dissonance happening as the covid crisis unfolded. Nothing made sense. Everything was contradictory. Information was chaotic. I started looking deeper. I have always been a cynic and never willing to believe anything I was being told on TV without checking it out for myself.

The more digging I did, the more compelling evidence I found that most of what we've been told is a crock. In addition, I had pretty much bought the narrative that Trump is a megalomaniac A-hole. But, regardless of what I thought of HIM personally, I could see without a shadow of a doubt that he had done a lot more for this country in 3 years than these career politicians had EVER done. Now I am left questioning if I didnt judge him to harshly.

Recently I learned about all the Epstein nonsense. (Its amazing what you can avoid knowing about with no network TV) Suddenly the two streams of new found knowledge found each other and became a river of awareness. While studying the psychopathic mind, I discovered that they are ALL are secure deviants, they ALL have no conscience, they ALL are glib and charming, and they are ALL LIARS! In fact. They lie even when they don't have to. They are hugely arrogant. They tell so many lies, they can't even remember the ones they told. They pay people to be in their court (or trick them into compromising situations to use for later manipulation.

This is the left. It is a group of psychopaths. Like Hitler, like Xi Jinping, like the Clinton's (dbl whammy on that pair) like Fidel, like Mussolini, like Stalin. 90% of humanity is good. But the 10% that is not has no conscience and the world is a game to them. People's lives mean nothing. They care not what they destroy. They want to win. They need to come out on top. This absolutely is a war of Good vs. Evil.. Good has a conscience, can feel guilt or shame and empathy. Evil has none of that.

That's all for now.

I just watched fall cabal. Damn. I was right.

@JVIP-WTPNN

Hi admin. If you want this site to succeed don't censure people because they have differnt points of view

I'm new here and I'm just getting familiar, but I think permanent bans for anyone who threatens someone/something in their life with violence in any way. I want to see some civility comeback, and frankly everyone should be able to discuss their frustrations/differing opinions without resorting to threats or name calling.

The ability to speed up clips. Some people speak very slowly - which is fine. But I’m old and will die soon, so want to see more clips and posts in the remaining time!

Be true to the 1st amendment. People are going to be "triggered" by comments that don't agree with their ideology... That's called polite discourse...if you can't state your position clearly without using bumper sticker slogans you need to get real and study history, it has a nasty way of repeating itself.

My phone has been hacked by the people in my house and or neighborhood and I need help.

I received an answer from Slug and ended up on another site so who or what is slug? Is it connected to IDW? I am really confused or maybe just really thick! I couldn't get back to admin who responded to me so had to find an old email to get back here. Help!

Send me a direct message at @admin and let me know how the domain switched from slug to IDW. The websites are the same but just have different names... we have shifted to slug.com from IDW.community

Hi Admin,

Is there a way to cross publish a comment on gab, slug and minds?

Would be very appreciated, thanks.

I don't know if they have an API to do that... we could do it on our end BUT only in groups that one moderates. Will think about it.

@Admin Thanks for the answer.
I know gab has the API for it, i don't know for Minds.

@Admin Hey let me work something up you can use python go or js which do you prefer ?

@utube3805 @admin here

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.