slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (401 - 425)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very hard to know what anybody is talking about when you read the feed.

Everyone posts about something but to actually know what it is you have to click on it or expand the image. That means to read anything on here you have to click on 100000 things just to open them up to see what's going on..

Hey folks, new to the mix here. My only question is how the hell do I get here without seeing the ad on FB. I can’t seem to find a link or app or anything on my phone. Only time I can access the site is when I see the ad come up on FB then I click on it and here I am 🤷🏼♂️

Yes, agreed. And how does find Any answers to your question? Can’t believe I’m the first to reply.

Thank you for the opportunity to be able to support and participate with the people on this site. I have been an avid supporter of Doctor Jordan Peterson here in Canada. His fortitude and patience in dealing with the attacks of the radical left is truly remarkable; he has become an admirable voice of reason and tolerance in a world that has been invaded by an irrational ideology. I also admire Mr Ben Shapiro's intellect and articulate approach to dealing with the issues facing society today. It is a shame we do not have such people in government, we desperately need more running for office.

Wondering why secular, political and religious orientation aren't part of the questions in the proflie, gospel or praise aren't music categories. Political (philosophical) preferences are not part of the questionaire as religious aspiration or affiliation isn't either. Are there reasons for this?

Please make it easier for people with complete profiles to level up so they can join the groups that they're passionate about. I've filled out my profile and liked and posted but I'm still 40 points away from being able to comment on or even follow the groups that I want to. Very discouraging for new users

Seriously ? 40 points away from being able to commemt...?
This could be another site created to collect information on all who oppose globalism......I'm out

Not liking that this keeps a record of everything I've clicked on.

@speyedy I feel religion is the identification of good and evil which is in all of us. Acknowledging our capacity for evil is how we become strong and moral. Maybe we should embrace the idea of religion whichever one you choose and aim towards changing the world by becoming a better person.

I would encourage the developer to work on bettering the iphone/ android app (if it's not in the process already). I'm sure a lot of people can vouch for that.

Aim straight for Facebook.

Suggestions for further groups: Douglas Murray, Meghan Murphy

Just as long as we aren't taken over by, like so many other sites, the leftist goons we don't need to hear we'll be okay.

It would be best to wait until I use the site for a couple of weeks before you ask me how I would improve it. So far, I wouldn't change anything.

I understand the rationale of the name to an extent but the word "dark" has such negative connotations that it could limit membership. One further suggestion if a name change is ever considered - "Intellectual Discussion Web".

Hello, I am a PhD in musical theory and composition. I am an old-school liberal in that I think the freedom of expression and thought are some of the most important liberties to protect. I was born into a Christian family but am now agnostic. Thanks for having me!

Okay, there's this.
I've been noodling around this place on and off for a few days. I've noticed that, as is typical, there are some 'point hogs,' highly contentious and willing to comment on literally anything. One of them is at Level 7. Good for them.

It seems the only thing that can't be attenuated on any social media platform is the needfulness of persons to own a space.

No doubt, the "Level" of contribution, and the benefits thereof, were imagined to be a benefit to a fledgling platform. For such as myself, it's more stuff to wade through. I'm just looking for 'simple.'

I think it would be ok to be able to talk about racism and be racist if you so wish. Or anything else that you want to be because freedom of speech is going away.

A simple ‘back’ button would be nice!

I'm a mathematical physicist graduated in Chile, living in Downey, California (USA), working on Fluid mechanic behavior as an independent researcher, building new algorithms to build new analytical models for weather forecasting (right now they work with numerical methods ONLY, and that is why they cannot predict anything far away then 2 weeks from now and the main reason that the climate crisis is a HOAX), I don't trust in DEMOCRACY parse nor AUTHORITARIAN REGIMES, I do believe in the REPUBLIC(those 3 have different substantial principles), The republic should be protected from the HOAX impulsed by the democratic party.

I am from UK and think this is great. The left do not want dialogue only that you conform to their way of thinking. Not on my watch. Keep up the good work there are a lot more of us than you think.

Yes, it's time to organize a movement to goodness, clarity, and truth!

I like the jokes and memes of course but on the serious side ld like to know or be confident that the info l share from your page is true. Do you do fact checking? If not no biggie l can but it would be handy if the basic facts were already checked.

Only links to source you trust can be considered trustworthy. This place is eat up with member opinions, perceptions, and analysis. Nothing is "fact checked" until you do it for yourself.

We only can use crowd-sourced link checking and keep an eye out for "Russian" bots.

I think it would be great to see footnote references for verification purposes.

Good idea... but do you think it would make the site more complete? We've a "source" link on some posts.

This looks very, very promising already.

Regards, and Thank You (just for being you...) T

I’m now and excited about this site. No improvement ideas yet.

I would like to see some good debates or articles on climate change ( both sides at the same time ). Or maybe a whole section on this. From the ones I have seen one side says one think and the other says the total opposite. Both sides have there own facts and I come out of it with nothing. If some one like JRE would have someone from both sides in a sensible debate or several debates. I think that would be great. I think a lot of people out there are like me and that the facts are presented in such a ( poor ) way that people can’t tell what is what. We need the facts presented to us in a manner that we can make up our own minds. Speech’s that are full of statements like, all scientists agree, is a leading cattle to slaughter mentality statement ( Both sides do it ) We need good provable facts presented to us in a sensible way from both sides. So we can understand it not just blindly following or not following.

lol. I just said the same thing. I didn't scroll down to see comments first lol

I just got here, I have no idea what you can do. THe only thing I could suggest in total ignorance would be to have the respective groups' namesakes participate in the discussions or at least speak for themselves rather then let others unofficially interpret.

If they do this already please disregard my note.

Thank you.

It's a start - yes!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.