slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (601 - 625)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great resource. A safe place. Let keep it that way.

So far so good!

We are concerned that our children and grandchildren will be forced to live in a rigid society that no longer allows free discussion. We live in a very Left leaning county in NY State. One that prides itself on "diversity" - but I would not dare wear a MAGA hat in Ithaca! I would love to know how to talk to SJW's and other narrow ideologues so that we could start a meaningful communication about our different beliefs.

SJW idealogue types of this generation are very hard to engage with meaningfully - sadly, they are emotionally zealous with their positions...

@Jwishbone Yes, they are. I am surrounded. I have had some success with them by using emotional responses instead of rational arguments, but that is difficult! I don't think that way normally. For example when discussing an abortion and the pro-death advocate says that she did not want to be a parent so she had an abortion. My response, "You are now the parent of a dead child". But that still doesn't do much more than piss em off. There has to be a way to get through. I just have not found it.

Looking for truth no propaganda

Thank you for this forum. I am a native from Washington, D.C. My parents immigrated from Sicily about 1936. I went to a Catholic elementary school. In 1955 we moved to Maryland. In 1960 I attended public school. I graduated in 1966. My fight for freedom and liberty began in the early a.m. President Trump won the election. He is the first President in my lifetime I have wanted to fight with. Again, thank you. I am tired of arguing with idiots.

Great to be part of a thinking and positive community!

I can't see my friends posts. He's here, but I cannot see his posts

[slug.com]

@Ben042 How about send me a private message from my profile page. Let me know which posts you're looking for and I can help. My guess is that it's just a timing thing for new members.

An app would be nice!

We've an Android app that's live and a minor bug fix version should be live in a few hours. The iPhone app is almost done and we're just fighting with Apple to get it approved.

Please find ways & site policies to discourage nuts/trolls, and ENCOURAGE civil intelligent debate from ALL sides. I am generally conservative, but I seek the truth. To find the truth I think it is important to take in as much info and as many perspectives as possible.
Do not concede ground or fall to the whiners from any side. Keep it Sane, Fair, and Intellectual.

It would be great to have an app to use on iOS

Hey all, this site came up on my news feed so i thought I'd check it out. Facebook is getting old and you go to FB jail for the silliest things.

I "discovered" JBP in September 2016 and thus began my awakening. I watch a ton of YouTube videos, and love gaining knowledge and seeing things from multiple, sensible perspectives. I have been a conservative Republican my whole life, but am glad I've been able to see that there are legitimate ideas that are more centrist. I feel myself leaning more towatd the libertarian views, the older I get. I'm a 59-yr-old grandma. 🙂

Thank God for those standing up for freedom!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this!

Don't know enough to make any suggestions

Invite Donald Trump and we'll never go back

Most politicians today either lack the ability to or feel it's not effective to humanize their opponents. We've had enough of that and are working here to show that there's hope. Welcome!

Thank you for the invitation to join.
I am looking forward to it

Thanks fof letting me join. Any chance I get I listen to Dr.Peterson. His mind is amazing. I see this world going so politically correct, that a person won't be able to open their mouth. I fear for my children's future.

Just hope to be a beacon of silliness in the darkness. Folks get too freakin' serious and I like a good laugh once in a while. Toss me too the wind whenever you wish. I am used to it.

Is there an app with this format?

Yes android is live but we're fixing some minor bugs before we promote it. We're fighting with Apple to get it approved.

That's just what I was going to ask.

I'm not a social media person but this opportunity Intrigues me.
I don't want to miss the chance to see this media become competition for twitter and Facebook.

I've just joined, and would like to watch for awhile. Truly surprised and appreciative you have launched this movement. I am more and more frustrated with the Left.

Without history being taught, there is no reference for where we are today and more importantly, in my opinion, no sense of community, of belonging or where we are headed.

We hope to help focus the movement!

Thanks. Want to learn!

How about an anonymous/invisible feature?

Where you can switch from online to invisible (Not show green circle indicating you are online)

Dislike button?

Profile song setting option?

You can turn off the "green dot" in the setting (click on the 'gear' icon).
Dislike button: we've a "grr/dislike" icon
Song... now that's an idea 😉 Reminds me of the mySpace days! Maybe...

@Admin Fair enough. Thank you for your input.

Looks good so far!

Definitely sounds like a blast.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.