slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (126 - 150)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let's promote Authors among us and other similar professionals encouraging us to promote each other's talent and ability.

I used the onsite Search, search terms: NJ and then New Jersey. A lot of results came up but they had nothing to do with my search terms. I suggest fix the site. Another suggestion, when there is an acronym such as "IDW", make it so that you can hover over the acronym and find out by a little popup (like a Title tag) what the acronym stands for. That is something you should be able to program.

So far I like what I see. Vimeo, MeWe and Tumblr restricts my uploads. Am a refugee from both FB and YouTube. It would be nice if one can upload long posts (which I have scores of on end time bible prophecy with Tumblr). Thanks. By the way your app cannot be found on PlayStore ☹️

Im from Norway, would love to see this site grow large, as we are facing wars and rumours of wars in the largest capacity known to men. The left is huge in my country, and we are supposed to be a model-country for other countries, wich i find quite scary when you think of it. The norwegian goverment is in bed with china and the eu-parlament although we are not officially a part of the eu.

i'm personally a swede, and yeah you probably know where my country is in this question

Thank You Arielle for maximizing knowledge please read Dr. Debra Soh - The End of Gender it is correction in favor of healthier females.

Had my first (level 5.8) account disappeared without a peep from Slug. Now they're just ignoring me when I ask what's going on. Time to move on to greener pastures, apparently. This is how they lured us all in to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Start with promises of free expression, then pull the rug out if they achieve any kind of power or monopoly. At least they revealed their true colors early, before they could cause much damage. I didn't even know they existed except for Ramzpaul shilling constantly for them, so I guess no great loss.

Might i ask what your "monopoly" was? i am learning about this platform and do wonder what you say might be a problem for the cause i saw my self to this forum

Ok so i an american conservative patriot and the left has takin over the main stream media and social media so please we need more platforms for the right and American citizens to be able to hear news and talk about current events on what we need to do to save our country without being censored

yes that is democracy, it's truly totalitarian to silence opinion

Thank you for giving us the freedom to have an open platform Twitter censorship. This will be a wonderful open alternative to Facebook Twitter and YouTube. Again I want to extend my thanks.

Don't get comfortable. They ban people for wrongthink here too.

Don't censor content for politics. I can't think of much else.

Please allow free speech!

Make an app as well please, sooner rather than later 👍👍

Some kind of appeal mechanism in needed to prevent groups which have a single moderator from being able to turn their group into an echo chamber, which only supports their views.

I was recently blocked from a group for posting a video about linguistics and translating textts that I thought group members would find of interest. When I contacted the moderator I was told it was because the video I posted was about "claptrap kabbalism", which it was not appropriate for the group. He would have known it was about translation and linguistics had he watched the video all the way through.

Under the "Browse" heading, as a new member, I would like to see topics such as whatever the current news is that day. I didn't know where I was supposed to start. All the posts and topics seem to be lumped together from all over the world. I would also like to see groups or topics geographically e.g. UK topics etc.,

Everybody wants to get away from corrupt Twitter. I hope you guys succeed.

Thanks!

Don't let todays solution become tomorrows problem.
ALL speech MUST be protected.

If it is true, then it should always be allowed.

I agree, but unfortunately the truth is not always reported, along with statistics. Why do you think the BBC in particular never hold polls? They know, along with other UK news channels, that the results would not be to their liking.

Brand New to the site! As time goes by I'm sure I'll find something to say!

cool 🙂

Any chance you can add spell check? Trust me...spell check!!

Roger that 🤓

Thank you! After i check out the site for a while i will be glad to do so.

I just got here. Came over from YT. I’m still trying to figure out what IDW is? movement ? I do not see a definition anywhere. I must have missed it.

Check out the "About us" page under the "Learn" button. We are transitioning away from the IDW group as it peaked last year and we are broadening the idea. It's all about being civil while discussing tough topics.

Hi! I’m new here, and the first thing I want to request is for a mobile application.

I want to commend you for making a website that is fairly easy to use on mobile (I’m using a mobile browser), but I do hope that an app is in the works for easier use.

That’s all I have to say. Have a good day!

Your wish is our command... slug.com app went live last week in both app stores. 🙂.

@Admin It has? I looked on the app store for it and it did not appear. Does it go by a different name?

Would love it if there was a section just for You Tube banned videos

Make a group when you get to level 4.

We currently support video uploads up to 2 minutes so to keep this site more about conversation than video but we do plan to extend this once it takes off.

Cheers guys I wiil comment when I have been on here and used it a bit. I will certainly be informing friends to try it.

I just started hope Sydney was right about your free speech policy. I will let you know if I have any ideas.
Also Freedom is never free.

We are really appreciative of Sydney's promotion. We are a non-profit site so we don't have to worry about advertisers canceling us if someone gets controversial. However, to provide a constructive experience, we do want members to follow the civility guidelines. With freedom, comes responsibility.

Just got here. Let me take a test drive first.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.