slug.com slug.com

2 1

Why does Peterson never dive deep into Joseph Campbell?

Peterson continually links his studies and base of knowledge to the bible and his interpretations of its many stories. He also links to the psychological makeup of man. If stories are the path of man's journey, why does he never discuss Joseph Campbell? He is the master of stories and their place across cultures.

Zach 2 Feb 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been a big Joseph Campbell fan for many years.
I love his work, he was definitely onto something big, but I felt there was just something missing, one piece of the puzzle that needed be added for it all to fall into place.
I think Jordan Peterson provided that piece, for me at least.
It's hard to explain, I'm yet to be able to articulate it yet, but this is my feeling, at this point.

I'd love to hear your ideas when you sort them out. One thing about JC is that he saw the impact of technology and had the fear of where it might lead us. This was way back in the early 80s.

Hhmm, good question...

I'd like to ask him about it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20255
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.