slug.com slug.com

5 2

IDW/Slug is infested with peeps who "click like" as though they were viewing Facebook memes. Lately I'm seeing a lack comment on too many postings people are making. I don't know about you but I joined the site because of all the conversations and view points.
Am I wrong??

toronto_Georgia 8 Mar 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lot of posts I don’t have anything constructive to add to the conversation, of course sometimes I comment and still don’t have anything constructive to add just snarky sarcasm.

We can't comment on every post. I also have life. Scanning for pertinent posts.

I agree. My concern though, was that now that we're fully into a Biden Administration, people had stopped commenting and were just clicking. Facebook-itus seems to have infested these boards, turning them into simply another source of news with no interaction. I suspect this behavior could actually disable the whole point of having the site.

I don't read everything for sure, but when someone does take the time to post it generally is because some news has disturbed them and is worthy of comment at least from some posters.

I'd hate to see the site die for lack of participation.

@toronto_Georgia JB is the illegitimate holder of the office he claims to have won. He will not be around for long. For Canadians it would be like taking the blame for killing Chretien.

@warminster100 I'd just hate to see this site die for lack of participation.

IDW seems an excellent place to air your views. I don't see any bias. If you present an opinion its not erased.
As for having a conversation? If the subject and writing piqued my interest. then I comment. If the answer is thought provoking that may well start a conversation.

I joined it because I got banned from Facebook for my religious beliefs and my anti covid posts

I click "like" on a lot. But because English isn't my first language, I can't always participate in the debate.

I fully understand that. We all also do like to click on people's comments and replies. Once Biden took office it just seems far too many postings are no longer getting any comments. The vast majority of members are English as a first language so something like this would not apply to you.

I speak English but have trouble spelling

@Poncho69 English is NOT a logical language spellingwise.

@HistoryCorner yes that's why I like maths. It is logical

@Poncho69 don’t be too hard on yourself. A lot of people who have English as their first language can’t spell either 😎

@stevie-f I get picked on for it by lots. My handwriting is terrible to

@stevie-f that's what pesky spell checker is there for 😄

@Poncho69 If a word is misspelled it will have a red squiggly line under it. Just Right Click on the word and one or more correctly spelled words will appear. You must be careful the words offered make sense with your statement. You may still find choosing the right one a bit of a crap shoot but most of the time you should be able to pick the right spelling. Just click on what you think is right and it will replace your spelling.

Hopefully you know what I mean by Right Click. If not, just ask.

@toronto_Georgia thankyou. I also get there their they're mixed up. Sometimes. I use Google to help spell I find it easier than spell check. But I say if it wasn't for spell checker I would not make sense

@Poncho69 LOL. My son writes amazing novels. Can't spell if his life depended on it. Such is life 🙂

@toronto_Georgia I write poems and songs. I get my wife to edit them for me. If only they had typing when I went to school I would have got better grades and tried harder

@eschatologyguy "that's what pesky spell checker is there for" Lol, I'm old school. I like knowing how the spell words without resorting to spell-check. But I must confess there are times when it's unavoidable. My brain just doesn't tick over as fast as it once did.

@Poncho69 "I get picked on for it by lots. My handwriting is terrible to",
I'm left-handed so my handwriting is beyond appalling. So you're in good company.
PS, please forgive me for correcting you - in the above instance it's TOO, not TO

@stevie-f all good

@Poncho69 When I went to school they had typing and I used to think, what am I ever going to use this for. 1950s.

@warminster100 well they had no typewriter in my school in 1984. Probably in the office but not on my desk

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:203367
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.