slug.com slug.com

5 1

What can the average guy do about being falsely accused of rape?

I have a personal experience with this. Shortly after dumping my ex-girlfriend she decided it would be a great idea to accuse me of being a serial rapist. I'd like to stress the fact that she didn't claim to have been raped herself, but rather insisted that I was a predator constantly stalking teenage girls and being a Jared-from-Subway kind of guy and that sort of thing. I'm a musician who plays in a pop punk band and all it takes to ruin a career is one false accusation. I now know from experience that evidence doesn't matter to anyone helping you book a gig if there are people on the phone harassing you and demanding that you remove a band from the bill or else..

So I'm wondering if anyone out there has had such an experience and what the average guy might be able to do about it.

SunshineDrive 3 Feb 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go to the Police surely you could get her charged with Stalking and Harrassment?

I trust the police about as much as my ex. However, it may be necessary to at least try. I've thought of it many times. Currently saving more and more evidence (threatening voicemails, endless texts, etc) so I can at least have a good chance of getting her charged instead of merely upsetting her more. Its a bit like poking a pit bull with a stick in this situation.

Sadly there is nothing u can do. Even if u prove it is a false allegation there is no way to force the accuser to come out and admit they lied so that the public knows the truth. Once accused a man is pretty much at the mercy of his community and how well they know him. If they know it was false and know your character u might be able to function normally but in cases where people are in larger communities and relatively unknown, u will more than likely be branded with the label for the rest of your life in that community. Moving to a new town might be the only way to really escape the problem. Good luck with making things right, your situation is one reason men are going MGTOW and choosing to never have any connections to women except for the minimum amount required at their job.

Avoid nut job women and situations where you can be accused of criminal activity. I know this will severely limit our actions as men but this is the situation you face. I have four sons of dating age and I am truly frightened and how vulnerable they are to false accusations. I’m glad I’m not at the dating stage anymore.

Nothing. Seriously, nothing you can do besides save money for a good lawyer

I never had such an experience (not yet anyway) thankfully, sorry to hear you did. I don't think there's much we men can do except be very choosey about the women we get intimately involved with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20529
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.