slug.com slug.com

3 5

I don't enjoy generalisation, pigeonholing and stereotyping very much. I don't like rounding up people, put them in the same category and talk about them as if they were all the same.

‘Millennial snowflake’ - this term is often used to belittle and undermine millennials as collective who disagree with ‘the obvious norm’ of the status quo. It paints a picture of emotional young people, throwing a tantrum and showing little respect for those around them, namely their elders. And who's been propagating this image so successfully? I hear many older generations repeat this belittling description of millennials ever so often.

Well, I have a neighbour whose millennial son is in the army, and she certainly doesn't like it when her millennial son is identified as a snowflake. 😅

And I found this article:
Misunderstanding Military Millennials
[themilitaryleader.com]

Not all millennials are the same.

Naomi 8 Mar 31

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that you are being discriminatory against old people. There are plenty of boomers and their parents who I think of as snow flakes more or less, just like their young.

We are all discriminatory against people who are older than us and people who are younger than us. You are no exception. 🙂

@Naomi But, but, but, they told me I was special!

In the 90s I heard a lot talk about, "the Greatest Generation."

The millennials in our military showed themselves every bit as great as that previous generation.

Urban Dictionary definition of "Millenial Snowflake":

Young Liberals who take offense to everything you say even if it doesn't apply to them. They feel the world owes them something because they always been handed everything, including participation trophies their whole lives.

Doesn't sound like your neighbor's son falls into this category

Hi there.
"Doesn't sound like your neighbor's son falls into this category"
That's the point. Pigeonholing and stereotyping don't do justice.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:205639
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.