slug.com slug.com

19 2

What is Trump to a Trump fan? (poll:What do you think THEY think?)

I have puzzled mightily over many things since November of 2016. What I've spent the most time wondering lately is what President Trump means to the people who voted for him.

After many conversations with all kinds of people, my hypothesis is that there are all kinds of people who, for their whole lives, have been told, "You don't know what you're talking about," or "You're an idiot for thinking that," or "That's never going to happen," and a lifetime of hearing that has conditioned them to be a certain type of way. However, that conditioning doesn't override the universal human predilection to presume that what they think is correct. So when some of these people started predicting that Trump would win, here came the same old comments about what idiots they were for making such a judgment, and how about how Trump was never going to get elected, Etc.

And then Trump won. Or Clinton lost. However you want to put it, these people were right, and the rest of us were wrong. Most importantly, the intellectual elites were wrong.

So what is Trump to these folks? He's an avatar for the time in their lives when they were finally able to claim victory and be right when everyone had said they were going to be wrong. And they weren't right about some trivial prediction, like picking the victor in a football game ; they were right about a reality TV star being president of the most powerful country on planet. That carries the kind of psychological weight that will probably make it very tricky to prove anything to these people in the future, because they'll always be inclined to point to this one glaring example of a time when conventional wisdom got it dead wrong.

Tough spot, eh?

• 3 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 15 votes
CaseyKuhn 3 Feb 28

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you obtain a little more worldly maturity Mr. Kuhn you will realize that actions speak louder than words..I suggest before you try to negate the presidential choice of the American people you research the truth of why and not your biased little poll. A college degree from liberal academia is nothing compared to the maturity gained from making your way in this world for yourself and your family.

Again due to the tragic events by Nancy Pelosi, The Global Elites, and Media Oligarchs to continue their attempt at a regime change in America. I feel impelled to respond. However, America has been a true light to the world, and since 2016, it can only be described as the darkest evil placing its growing shadow over our land. President Trump discarded the failed foreign policy of the past 20 years. HRC was that failed policy, and as Sect of State her embarrassing 24 hours you and team get out of Russia! Do you know why? It was whitewashed, otherwise it would explain a lot. Her success in repairing relationships with Russia by transferring, military transferable technology, and helping them build a Russian Silicon Valley, with the help of America’s best high Tech companies. Yes you know their names, of the 15 only two were not Clinton foundation contributors. This anticipated success was to be her springboard to win the 2016 Election. However, her foolish involvement in YES Russian election, taking USAA funds without authorization, and giving them to NGOs and dissidents. Putin was pissed. And kicked her two sided coin trick out of Russia. This may have gave Russia the incentive, and rightly so to retaliate against her election. They may have gained the technology from her Silicon Valley team. Hilary’s unstable bitterness, in my opinion likely would have led to a early confrontation with Russia in a HRC Presidency. More on my blog: dystopianchurch.org Jim Kirk-Wiggins, September 26, 2019

What a really great question...

False quadchotomy.

I voted for Obama, twice. I switched parties and voted for Trump. I honestly viewed President Obama as giving our country over to Islam. I saw identity politics played out by the president when he supported causes over individuals. In my early years I never saw myself voting for Republicans, but I must admit, I was a liberal/leftist for most of my life. I voted for President Trump because of the American values he expressed, as well as an examination of the values expressed by both parties. I don't agree with President Trump on everything and did not vote for him because of his morality or lack thereof.

Trump’s ignorance Political Correctness makes him very appealing the general hard working population in my opinion. The left see him as a “Hill Billy” but that is where they are completely wrong.

I think the fact that he does not back down, supported by his unpredictability is a winning combination for him. On top of all of this he is listening to the working class and he is taking their concerns at heart.

Victor Davis Hanson sums it nicely in this video. It goes over 40 minutes but I think you'll find it interesting.

Trump to sign executive order guaranteeing free speech. See attached.

Source:

Trump is on the offense. He is doing the right thing, and also knows that the dems will go crazy at anything he does. I enjoy the notion that they are tying up a lot of resources in doing so. He knows they are spending enormous amounts of fighting him every step of the way and showing everyone their dislike for American values at the same time. The man is a genius at making deals and he has had adapt his skills the political arena. MAGA!

Cruz was too young and Trump said he'd build the wall. Currently, considering the lunacy on the left (infanticide, slavery to the state and no economic reality), its hard to moderate my support for him, although I do try.

The intellectual elites. Thats funny. My vote went to genius even though its not true. it was the least wrong for me. Your entire mono-log was elitist. I voted for Trump because I'm a constitutionalist.

To go further I don't love the country for what it can be. I love the country for what it is. Stolen land that brutally ravaged the people and resources to build a nation on a principal.

Not feeling your options. Trump was merely the right candidate at the right time to get the country back on track. Their decision to vote for Trump was never steeped in nuance. It was obvious to them why he was the man for the job. People that voted for Trump are solid in character and grounded in their beliefs. They are rich, poor, educated and not. They know who they are as Americans and what they expect from this country. They were simply over the bullshit and empty promises. Trump had the skills and the balls to drive the necessary change and they knew it. Living in an extremely liberal city, not understanding the challenges Trump voters faced in 2016, I was blown away on election night. I didn’t vote for Trump. It didn’t matter. Because I got to witness, one of the, if not the greatest underdog story in American history. I had never seen America shine so bright in its conviction. It made me proud to be an American. I look back over the past two years and I am amazed at how right they were. The growing pains are tough but at least we are heading in the right direction once again.

Thank you.

To put it simply he hasn't been proven to lie about anything... anyone saying the basic negative stuff like racist, homophobic, sexist and the many others have yet to show me any proof other than (he just is).

So for my view. I'd say I don't like a lot of what he says but I approve of Most of what he's done and doing. Actions are more powerful than words.

When he originally announced his candidacy, I thought it was a publicity stunt. During the debates, I did not like the way he handled himself with the name calling and was certainly not a supporter. When he won the nomination and ran against Hillary, I held my nose and voted for him as the lesser of two evils. As president, I sometimes find him idiotic but I have come to admire him on many fronts. The economy is doing great and I love that he wants to secure our border and negotiate a tough trade deal with China and our other trading partners. I have to admit, the crazy Democrats and leftist media push me further in his camp than I probably would be and I will likely vote for him in 2020.

Especially when the media fire at his supporters, painting them with a 'racist' brush, people do not like that and can see through the lies especially these days with alternative media

My first choice was Carson, he endorsed Trump. Also, for me the kicker, when Ben missed his entrance cue for the debate, Trump was the only one who stopped, led Ben in front of himself. The others just passed him by like he was nothing. So, with Ben backing him, my choice was clear.

Such a fan were you of Ben Carson's person and delivery, which made many of the rest of us ask "is this guy sedated?" that an awkward moment involving Ben and Don walking into a debate was the kicker? I'd have hoped the kicker would have been something a little more substantive than "They already called your name, buddy. Get out there."

Showed a touch of humanity and class, obviously not something you revere. Makes me ponder why you don't. Perhaps a lack thereof in you?

Why did I vote Trump? Why do I still support Trump?

Trump was the obvious choice. In 40 years and a decent education, I found that just about every president we have had is some kind of asshole. They all are. We all are. But Trump came to the table with something I always saw in him that didn't resonate in any other candidate, and hasn't since Reagan. Patriotism and American Pride. America became great because of the dream that you could become the next Donald J. Trump, and we have all lived with that dream. Trump and men like him, saw that America was only great because of what we have and the laws which govern and protect us. And over the last 30 years we have allowed crooked politicians who made millions while in office, slowly and surely sell us out to globalist elites.

I mean go back 5,10,15, even 20 years and you would see Trump being loved and celebrated by people. He literally became adored for doing the shittiest thing to people.(Firing Them) And he did it to the cheers of millions every week on National television. Then he mentions grabbing a "golddiggers" pussy in a private conversation that was recorded and leaked to try and frame him as a guy that just walks around accosting women. GTFO Grow up. So, yeah I voted for the guy that America made, loved and celebrated right up until he ran for PUBLIC OFFICE. I did not ALLOW the media to tell me who I should like. And I especially wasn't going to allow them to tell me who to vote for.

Why was the news playing "Grab That Pussy" and not talking about Hillary and her involvement in selling uranium to Russia? Why was CNN and everyone else quiet on Benghazi? Why was CNN and our own DOJ & FBI washing testimony and covering up 30,000 emails that belonged to Hillary?

This is why I didn't flip on voting for the guy that made all these phenomenal campaign promises that were exactly the policies I supported and had been looking for. The policies that made America a producer again. That made America independent again. The policies and deregulation that would put Americans back to work and solve a good deal of problems created by previous regulations that were merely in place to create wealth opportunities specifically for politicians and their friends/family.

And I continue to support him because he has done more than arguably any president in the last 30 years to better the lives of every American, no matter what color. He has nearly every campaign promise he made fulfilled in his first 2 years. And this is with 48% of the people rooting against him, openly. People literally impeding and blocking him at every turn and yet he is still Making America Great Again.

Imagine how incredible this man could be if you acted like fucking Americans and supported him?

You say he is a racist yet he has arguably made the most effort to create jobs and wealth for Blacks, Hispanic, Asians, and any other American that wants to work for it.

You say he is racist yet he adores his children who are openly Jewish, and he declared the US Embassy be moved to Jerusalem.

You say a lot but the man is always kissing people of color and giving everything he has to support one people, The American People. And what most of you fail to realize is that anyone who isn't for the American People and lives in America, is an enemy of America. Period. America and Americans are only who we are and what we are because we are Americans First. And we are Americans because we will KILL ANYONE and ANYTHING that threatens OUR WAY OF LIFE. That is honesty. That is the most truthful answer I can give as an American. I would swim a river of ice on Christmas Eve and murder your entire family to protect this country. And many of Americans have already done it. Trump loves this country and the opportunities it afforded him. He is donating his time to a service for his country. I feel it is the biggest reason he donates his salary. He is truly trying to give back. And it is another check on his list of accomplishments.

Trump is the epitome of the American Dream, and pay close attention to those that would demonize him. Because those people are demonizing the very American Dream that everyone supposedly wants to come here for. Why would they do that? Why would anyone want to end America? Why would Americans want to stop America from being so successful? 😉 Get on the right side. You know. The side that isn't killing babies and trying to unlock the doors for the terrorist, gangbangers, drug czars, and kid traffickers.

#StayClassy

You castigated "globalist elites..." Trump has companies all over the world, utilizing labor laws and business loopholes that make him more money than he would make if he, for example, had all the products with his name on them produced in American factories.

The deregulation of Wall Street and the banking system in the late nineties and early 2000s allowed the banks and lenders to overextend themselves relative to the amount of leverage they were required to hold, which was a huge factor when all those subprime mortgage CDOs started to go bust. So deregulation isn't necessarily always the answer. Sometimes it makes things worse.

Lastly, the place where I think there is room for movement is in your comment:

"Imagine how incredible this man could be if you acted like fucking Americans and supported him?"

Sorry that nobody has told you yet, but that is exactly the opposite of the way America works. And America only works as well as it does BECAUSE its citizens aren't required to support anybody in particular, or to pretend to love a leader they don't even like. If you want to live somewhere where everyone is on the same page and praising the great leader, spend some time in North Korea. Dissent is what KEEPS America great.

"Imagine how incredible this man could be if you acted like fucking Americans and supported him?"

Well SAID!

@CaseyKuhn what things has deregulating made worse?
The banking fiasco that nearly destroyed our economy was the result of Dodd-Frank...

@CaseyKuhn did he say you should be forced to support a president you don't like? No. What he did was suggest that with less resistance and more support the President might be able to get some truly astonishing things done FOR Americans rather than TO them.

I will add that your reading of history is different than mine. And, yes, I do read history.

@CaseyKuhn Trump has business all over the globe. True. But your response shows you clearly do NOT understand who the "Globalist Elites" are and what someone means when referencing them.

Let's go back the "global elitists" and what I am referring . People like yourself clearly are motivated by rhetoric conforming to the "elites" I am speaking toward. I am not referencing businessmen who operate on a global field. I AM referencing the "GLOBALIST ELITES" that meet regularly to discuss the overall global conditioning that they hope will lead to a Single-World Order. Men like George Soros, members of IMF, and others who are driven for a single government.

And allow me to address deregulation, kiddo. Why are you addressing poor deregulation from over a decade ago, and applying the outcome of crooked politicians and bankers to Trump and deregulation in "industry" and "land rights"? Ah, just more deflecting? I get it. 😉

Now on to your second comment since you couldn't fit enough CNN diatribe into the first.

Clearly patriotism and shit is something they stopped teaching in school about the time they removed the pledge. When was that? When you were in kindergarten? And while you don't have to support your President wholeheartedly and be led blindly. Making up bullshit, creating a coup to overthrow the nomination of the American People, revelling in fake news and a fake dossier that was used ILLEGALLY to obtain an ILLEGAL FISA WARRANT that was used to ILLEGALLY SPY on an American Citizen; is clearly treasonous. See. If you really wanted to go back and live in the past, I think you would be surprised at just how many Americans would be in Gitmo if you treasonous shitheads spoke like this when Bush was in office.

Again. More of you fucking idiots talking out your asses. You cry because Trump wants to put up a fence. You cry cause he makes it a National Emergency. You cry at anything he does because you are told to. You don't care about drug overdoses, illegal aliens bleeding the IRS and other Federal programs that spend taxpayer subsidizing ILLEGAL ALIENS remain on US soil, you definitely aren't giving a shit about kid fucking. I bet you don't have any tours of duty under that belt either. Do you do anything except stare at your Liberal Arts and Vagina Basket Weaving Degree while you reply to Pro-Trump posts with cut and paste comments from the "We Are CNN" Fan Page?

Tell me just this. How the fuck does Trump deregulating production industry relate to dirty bankers and politicians deregulating mortgages to create a goldmine in loan swapping, that they could cleanly walk away from later with a "bailout" for by the American taxpayer when it finally imploded?

See. It doesn't. Yet you mention it and bring up banking deregulation because you have nothing else stand on, and "But Trump is a meanie head!" just makes you sound fucking retarded. So stop trying to sound like you have some sort of intelligence. Deflecting instead of addressing the key points with facts is where you are getting "thunderdomed" in the comment section, princess! 😉

I think Trump is a reaction against the scientifically managed society, endless wars and other objectionable social changes that have been ongoing such as feminism, and universal surveillance. So none of your options suit me.

Your answer fits perfectly with Answer #1: Trump represents an example of the wrongness of conventional thinking. This is the reason I think a lot of people voted for him. Voting for him was a push back against political correctness, and against certain kinds of societal changes.

@CaseyKuhn ok that makes sense, option 1 confused me a bit so I didn't vote.

@CaseyKuhn wait a minute, there. How does going against the implemented policies of politicians who campaigned on pretty much the same things he did constitute "an example of the wrongness of conventional thinking"?

Take the border wall, for instance. Bill Clinton campaigned against illegal aliens. His wife called them "super predators." GW campaigned against illegal aliens. Obama campaigned on the notion that GW DID NOT DO ENOUGH to halt the flow of illegal aliens. Hillary and Obama BOTH VOTED TO FUND A BORDER WALL when they were in the Senate.

They do NOT think "conventional[ly]". THEY LIE TO GET ELECTED.

@Jeeper752

It's more about Trump calling out the lying media, trans-sexuals in the military, taking a stand against feminism, getting allies to contribute more, AGW etc. There's too much focus on the wall.

@FrankSforza I agree. I used the wall as an example of how "conventional" politicians campaign for decades on the merit of a position then reveal themselves as liars by not doing anything about that problem. That not Trum. He is working his way through the stack of campaign promises he made and dealing with the problem he railed against during the camaign.

@Jeeper752 Hillary called young black men super predators, not immigrants.

@george True. That's what I get for posting in a hurry.

After she did so, was she constantly called a racist? President Trump is...

@Jeeper752 she can't be a racist, she is a Democrat....lol

He was not my first choice. He was, in fact, about my fourth or fifth choice and I voted for my fourth choice in the primary in my state.

I had publicly predicted, early in the primary season, that neither he nor Clinton would be the nominee of their respective party. I could not have been more wrong.

In short, by convention time, he was "Hobb's choice."

What made me less and less apprehensive about him during the fall campaign was his willingness to advance traditional Conservative values, such as the rule of law, judicial nominees who support the strict construction or original intent of the Constitution and the laws and his continued criticism of his predecessor's unlawful acts as President. An added asset, in my mind, is his willingness to fight back against every insult, every lie and every slight.

His determination to fulfill his campaign promises in the face of the most vile calumny and often ridiculous obstruction has seen me move from a reluctant supporter to an enthusiastic one over his time in office thus far.

As I have told others, I waited 30 years for a Republican who would fight back. Now I have one and I'm not giving him up.

You see his thin - skinned compulsion to (over)react to every insult (or perceived sleight) as an asset? Can you flesh that out a bit? In what way does this benefit him or the country?

His emotions are tied to how others perceive him, and those same emotions govern what comes out of his mouth. This is a man entirely driven by ego, with no humility to speak of. I can't see how any of this could be an asset, but this platform is here for the exchange of difficult ideas, so please don't take this as a personal attack; I really think we'll get much more done when we can better understand the motivations of others.

@CaseyKuhn, in general, previous Republican presidents just let the media and Democrats say whatever they liked. Predictably, what they liked to say was negative. The negative reporting, true or not, BECAME TRUE through constant repetition and non reply. Nixon, Reagan, Bush-41 and Bush-43 were all adversely affected in that way. Nixon apparently thought that fighting back was beneath the office. The press HATED him for reasons I never really understood and he wasn't a really likable guy, anyway. Reagan would occasionally toss out a zinger but generally relied on being liked to spare him the worst of it. Bush-41 didn't seem to understand that he was being attacked so he didn't even defend. Except for going after Dan Rather once, I don't recall him ever going on the attack. Pretty much the same for Bush-43. Except, he seemed to think everyone else should defend him.

Meanwhile, we had Clinton whose wife was in charge of dealing with the "bimbo eruptions" which she did ruthlessly not in person and using surrogates while Bill was glad handing the public and being entertained by an intern. Then, we had Obama who pre-emptively told everyone not to make fun of his ears AND called everyone who disagreed with him liars and racists.

Compared to either of them, Trump's tone and temperament have been pretty mellow. His wife doesn't attack his accusers and seldom if ever throws the first rhetorical punch but his counter-punches are brutally effective.

He's a keeper.

Better than Killary

All of these things and more. Why do people get fanatical about anything? it's likely a dynamic answer that varies for everyone to varying degrees. i appreciate some of his economic policies. the fact he has trolled msm to expose themselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21031
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.