slug.com slug.com

3 3

LINK The conviction of Count Dankula sets a dangerous precedent for freedom of speech | The Independent

What’s the best, non confrontational way to explain the merits of free speech and why it’s so important, to people who want to silence and ban certain (admittedly annoying people) from social media platforms, or worse, see them arrested, demonetised or even jailed?

I’ve explained that at first it’ll be people, groups or pages that you want banned or punished, then next it’ll be something you didn’t mind, then something that slightly surprises you, then something you’re appalled at because you agreed with it, then eventually it’ll be something you’re a part of and they might even come for you in the end. They just think I’m being paranoid and it’s taking me a lot of willpower not to lose my temper and verbally destroy these soy loving swines.

Why are they so happy with the idea of social media platforms and even the police pushing a thinkright thought control agenda?

In the U.K. people are sometimes getting harsher punishments for subjectivity hurting feelings than actually physically hurting people. The worse part is that the courts are convicting people regardless of their original intent, and instead deciding themselves on what that intent is. Count Dankula and his Nazi pug joke being a prime example.

Chris_P_Bacon 3 Mar 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Except for decency issues in front of minors, I want reprehensible things spoken. It tells me who you are. Lets me challenge those reprehensible ideas. And, maybe even allows you to change your position. If we push those ideas into the darkness then we give it a place to fester unchallenged. Point in case, just look at the success Daryl Davis had with listening and then challenging a bad philosophy [npr.org]

I know Marcus (count dankula) personally. We're both from the and little town in Airdrie. I can tell you first hand he is NOT a Nazi and the entire video was meant as an ironic game with his girlfriend's dog.
The media are desperate to push a punishment on him for this so they are making things up about him being a "far right extremist" to her public support. which is horrific.
Yes, the joke was bad taste but for the love of God it was NOT rhetoric or an attempt to harm.
Our justice system is a disgrace.

Disturbing indeed. I think we can fight back by creating platforms of our own, similar to this one. I do hope this site becomes successful and well known, providing serious competition to other more restrictive platforms such as Farcebook.

Yeah we just need to spread the word and get more likeminded people to join up. I just hope they moderate the inevitable influx of soyboys who’ll be joining as soon as the site becomes popular and is linked in tumblr posts ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21554
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.