slug.com slug.com

4 2

LINK Space Force officer relieved of post after denouncing Marxist ideology and critical race theory in military

A commander in the Space Force was apparently relieved from his post after appearing on a podcast to promote his book, which asserts a neo-Marxist agenda is transforming military culture and policy.

sqeptiq 10 May 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I served nearly 3 decades in the Army and Air Force and I can’t judge, based upon the evidence offered, if he breached that particular directive. I do know that the military has been used by congress as a social engineering test bed for decades. These experiments invariably harm the military and its effectiveness, but they force them to find ways of becoming more efficient/flexible in other, allowed ways. I also know that in order to survive and thrive in the political atmosphere of the military (in order to become a flag officer) you had to either drink the political kool-aid of the liberal civilian micro-managers or you had to learn to hide from tough issues and just go-along-to-get-along. There are likely no general officers left who will “fall on their sword” for any moral issue. They have forgotten or betrayed the full oath to which they swore, especially to “... DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION against all enemies, both foreign AND DOMESTIC; that I will BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE to the same; that I take this obligation freely, WITHOUT ANY mental reservation or PURPOSE OF EVASION; and that I will WELL AND FAITHFULLY discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me GOD.” (I capitalize GOD, because they even do all within their ability to kick God out. Even their chaplains have become nothing more than glorified cheer leaders and morale officers.)

I am glad I stuck with it as long as I did, but even more glad I’m out now. I try not to decry the current vector of military “leadership” too much around my family members that are still in, but I remind them that there may someday come a point when they may need to choose their conscience over their career and resign their commission before making it to retirement and the promised 40% pension. Their service will not be nullified or even diminished by leaving when the circumstances call for it.

Best thing that could happen to a man with a new book. Free promotion.

The long and short of it is, the military has it's own unique brand of working and it's largely built on trust and confidence. If you start messing with it by putting out stuff that upsets the trust and confidence sailors have in each other, then you upset the balance, and you make the machine stop working properly.

Farewell 07

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:223794
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.