slug.com slug.com

4 3

Remember in the '80s when some music was just for fun, no messages, no personal issues, but just fun

TheHerrDark 7 June 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I completely agree with the thesis of your post - pop music was supposed to be fun and entertaining. Politics ruins everything

well, this sweet song is a cover of a 1967 hit from Tommy James and the Shondels. Tiffanys cover is cute I suppose but I like the original much more.

I know, they also did Crimson and Clover, Tommy James was so glad to see their songs become popular again. This you will like it is from a couple years ago

And this

the man can still sing

Ah nostalgia! I miss it dearly.

Tiffany re-recorded it; that is new.

@TheHerrDark Tommy James was my favorite in high school. He was in the Top Ten longer than the Beatles but never hit number one. My favorite of all time is "Draggin' a Line."

@FuzzyMarineVet His songs have been in so many movies and remade by other singers. He has created a legacy that will live on for a long time, many of his songs are timeless just like this version with Tommy

Yes, the 80's was an interesting decade. A shame things had to change so much.

That was what I liked where I grew up; we mostly listened to Pittsburgh stations, B-94 was a top 40 station and played a mix of pop music, WDVE was more the hard rock, new and classic. The other stations' music from the 50s to the 70s, country music, classical music, R&B, Jazz, etc. I was lucky to have been in Western PA to hear that variety of music.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:232356
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.