slug.com slug.com

6 8

Bill Maher blasts Biden's idea of free college: "I'm not fu**ing paying for that"-
[dailywire.com]

Maher is right, nothing truly liberal about forcing all of the taxpayers to foot the bill for something like that.

SpikeTalon 10 June 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Footing the bill to pay for Marxist indoctrination? No thanks. Too many kids waste their parents' money spending 4 years to figure out they have no clue what it means to be an adult. I'm sure millions of parents would love to avoid that colossal waste of money.

We already pay heavily for a decrepit and bloated K-12 public school system, and now they want us to pay even more for a radical left wing indoctrination system?

The dichotomy is clear.

• Through the door on the left - Other people will pay for your food, housing, education, security and healthcare. In return you will own little to nothing. If you do not meet the Collective's approval you may be cast out of the City of Man. You will effctively have little to no personal agency. You will be a slave to the system.
  • Through the right door - You must provide for your own food, housing, security and healthcare. You will have ownership over the goods of your services. If some Collective disapproves, it is up to you whether you care about their opinion. You are free.

Defund public schools!

In general, leftists like to use public money to fuel crony networks, and public schools are an example.

Parents can team up and make a school that's better than a leftist school, and cheaper. Parents can do most of the teaching themselves.

We already have fine parent-kid activities such as the Boy Scouts and little league sports, and this is conducted by parents, not the government. We need more of this.

A school full of kids brings a community of parents together. Let every neighborhood have its own school, church, and stadium.

So, Big-nose Billy, you're finally waking up to what a lot of us have been saying for years. Welcome to the real world of the hard left, Maher. Open your eyes to the rest of the "transforming" the Biden/Harris/Obama/Rice cabal is steering our country down the road to 1984. You used to be a fun, entertaining comedian.Maybe you shoulda stuck to comedy instead of morphing into the angry bitter unfunny uber-rich liberal railing against everyone to right of you. Won't be long before you're yelling at kids to get off your lawn... Putz.

So let me get this straight. You want to educate your siblings to be an accountant, doctor etc, and you want me to pay for it?

@TheMiddleWay You don't need a college education in order to reduce crime. A decent start would be requiring all individuals under age 18 remain in school until they graduate, no dropping out. Give them a proper and full basic K through 12 education, and there would probably be significant drops in crime.

@TheMiddleWay Not everyone requires a college degree in order to advance in their career or live a comfortable existence. College should be strictly elective. In my opinion, society as a whole took a giant step backwards the day workplaces/businesses started to require a college background for the positions they were hiring for, when years ago said workplaces used to train potential employees for the job positions. Why did/should that change? No one truly needs a college degree to work at say, a department store. As a society we should strive to shift away from requiring college (unless intending to enter into an intense area of study such as becoming a physician or scientist) in order to land a decent paying job, remove that obstacle and the problem would be largely solved, no need to involve Government or more legislation into the equation.

Also, nevermind the fact that these days where a good portion of those in society are walking around with a mini computer in their pockets, it is easy to do one's own research, like I mentioned before with the only exceptions being technical careers like healthcare or scientist in which would require intensive learning first. There could be other alternatives besides raising everyone's taxes in order to fund such endeavors.

@TheMiddleWay That depends on the individual, some are motivated enough to research etc properly regardless of educational background while others are not. Over the years I've known/observed highly educated individuals dreadfully lacking in the common sense department. For example I knew this one guy who worked as a scientist employed by Air Products, highly educated in a high paying job, yet did not know how to change a flat tire, something I probably knew how to do by age fourteen. Most of the people running things in this country would be considered highly educated, and yet look at all the problems they cause which in turn causes headaches for the rest of us. Higher education cannot give one more intelligence or a drive to research more than what one already possesses, so I must agree to disagree with you on that last part there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:232441
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.