slug.com slug.com

7 3

Non-Leftist agents or literary presses?

I am a writer. Perhaps more (un)importantly, I am a white male writer. I have been trying to traditionally publish several books and stories lately but everywhere I look are nothing but progressive agents and/or publishers demanding writers willing to push their agenda. And as a white male, I fall to the bottom of that list despite the fact that I'm actually a very good writer. I haven't been able to find any non-Leftist agents and/or publishers. Are there any out there to be found?

LeftySinister 5 Mar 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was unaware that “Cheeto Jesus” was running for election ... at least in the USA.
So, either you live in an alternate reality inspired by bad commercials and metaphors,
Or, there’s a few other possibilities that occur to me ...
You’re a Non US Citizen who is ineligible to vote ... Your opinion means NUTS!
You’re a US Citizen who is ineligible to vote ... Your opinion means NUTS!
You’re a US Citizen who is eligible to vote but didn’t ... Your opinion means NUTS!
You’re a US Citizen who voted for Hillary or some 3rd Party ... Your opinion IS NUTS!

Maybe that’s the problem with your writing as well?

I would think a trip to WalMart and a quick look through the conservative writers’ books (Hannity, Limbaugh ... Several others) would offer you some publishers or... look through relatively conservative fiction (Archer, Clancy, Childs, Johnstone) for Fiction publishers ... if you’re a reader, perhaps you have some of these lying around your home ... worse come to worst, look inside the book. Many authors mention and thank these people in front ...

Thanks. But I was actually reaching out to people with valid advice and information not people to rant incoherent text vomit after downing a 12 pack of Natty Light.

@LeftySinister
Good luck with that ...
It appears that I might have carried the “voting” piece I was responding to in from another person’s post. In which case I apologize.

I’ve no valid comment on your ability to write as I’ve never seen a sample of it so I don’t know whether your statement is true or not.

On the other hand, the last paragraph in that post was valid ... I wasn’t even trying to be sarcastic. When I worked in the bookselling/publishing trade (long ago and far away) that was a completely reasonable place to figure out which Publishing Houses were approachable for which types of work. Further, many Literary Agents are given credit by the authors in the “Many thanks to ...” aspect of their books.

Good luck. I'm an artist (painter) and it's impossible to find an agent or gallery owner who is NOT a leftist

Please keep us updated with your search and its results. I’m sure there are a lot of others in your situation, and if you found a good agent or publisher we could drum up some business to make it worth their while.

Will do. Thank you for your support.

The MSM and the major social networks are also leftist. Except for IDW and its contributors ( [intellectualdark.website] ) authentic classical liberalism or conservatism is difficult to find without going underground.

Maybe look into [posthillpress.com]

Turner Publishing, Penguin - I doubt they're "conservative" but they do publish conservative books.

Doesn't even have to be "conservative." Would just be nice to find a few who weren't blatantly discriminatory and propagandistic.

Have you tried self publishing?

I have. Even started an indie press. But I guess I'm old school. Self publishing is great and all but it is basically vanity publishing. Anyone that throws a few thousand words onto paper is "an author." And trying to get seen or heard in a sea of that is next to impossible unless you're a great social media marketer. That's what it's really about.

I’m so sorry for you. I have a brother who is an English literature teacher and a niece who is involved in theater. Both of them agree that there is no room for and no interest in what white men think or have to say. They only want to hear from minorities and the victims of the white male patriarchy. There is always quillette and I’m sure there are other sites like it

This is what I'm talking about. And honestly most of those "oppressed voices" are derivative and shallow. Not really artists at all. More like propagandists.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23292
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.