slug.com slug.com

3 2

Unemployment rate falls for every group but is higher for Black and Hispanic workers

• Black and Hispanic unemployment dropped to 8.2% and 6.6% respectively, but the figures are high compared with the jobless rate for whites and Asians.
  • Joblessness for whites was the lowest at 4.8%. For Asians, the unemployment rate declined to 5.3%.

[cnbc.com]

Garsco 8 Aug 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We need to see the overall employment numbers. If someone would be so kind as to post them.

"reduction in rate of un-employement" is a lie by obfuscation. It simply means that there were fewer un-employment claims filed than there were in the previous time period or quarter or 6 months...etc.
Everyone who files or filed an "un-employment claim" (applied for un-employment benefits) eventually loses his eligibility for benefits.
The number of claims is no indication - it is not evidentiary of gains in employment within the population.
Actually "un-employment" figures are meaningless and are only useful as a proverbial political football. A given politician can point to the meaningless number and use it to claim either that he is a good leader who "put people back to work" or to point at a competing politician and say that he is or was a bad leader who did nothing to help "put people back to work".
That's all it is. To read anything more into it is - well - just wishful thinking - to put it kindly

When I become King I will fix that!

Unemployment does not count the ones who have dropped out of the job market for whatever reason. Considering the number of states that have stopped paying people to not work, I'm surprised that the unemployment rate is still so high.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:256599
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.