slug.com slug.com

1 2

Lawsuit filed to stop the recall election in California

If this sounds familiar, that’s because this lawsuit is precisely the argument that two Berkeley law professors made in the NY Times earlier this month. The gist of their argument is that California’s two-step recall vote is unconstitutional. In step one, voters decide whether the current governor should be recalled. In step two, if step one passes the voters then pick from a list of candidates to replace him.

Millions of ballots have already gone out, so adding Newsom’s name at this point is impossible under the current deadline. This basically becomes a plea to delay the special election, something many Democrats now believe might be better for Newsom’s chances. The other option is just to end the recall election.

[hotair.com]

Garsco 8 Aug 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am having a similar problem with the weed, creeping Charlie, it has invaded my tomatoes and I can't get rid of it!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:257123
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.