slug.com slug.com

7 5

Why do we spend so much time on this site debating the far leftists who aren't even here?

I know we're all recovering from life on Facebook.... but I don't know. It's getting a little boring.

I'd rather spend more time examining our own beliefs, debating the more nuanced details, and refining our understanding of truth.

The echo chamber effect is hard to fight for any group. But I have faith that the people here are the kind who can do it.

How do you think we can improve the depth of our conversations? What topics would you like discussed?

jnaatjes 7 Mar 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What topics are you interested in discussing?
I like politics, human nature, and for fun like watching Flat earth videos.

I like discussing politics, religion, philosophy, psychology, economics, healthcare, music, art, poetry... pretty much anything that helps me better understand myself and other humans.

A good criticism and I believe it's true.

Interesting point. I see a lot of posts with one or two responses and then the conversation dies. I know some just aren’t suited to long exchanges but others are. Not sure how we could improve on that

Oh yes... So true and funny..

I think I understand what you are feeling...

The structure, or lack thereof, and fast growth of the site seem to promote a sort of chaos. Where many subjects/posts tend to fade away into the noise only to come back and start over in a new post.

One possible solution could be to start a group dedicated to debating a specific subject like global warming or something.

Not really sure what the answer is, but I feel ya.

The IDW is not just about left vs right. There are plenty of debates going on between atheists and theists which to my surprise, are very civil. What i find interesting is that people from two camps seem to agree on a lot of other topics which are non-religious. It is very positive and should continue. In case you forgot, most leftists are not interested in debates so there goes that.

Those are some of my favorite discussions.

I didn't notice i been trying to stay with the issue's posted.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25882
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.