slug.com slug.com

2 2

The average American spent more in taxes last year than on health care, clothing, food, and entertainment expenses combined.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Expenditures Survey for the year 2020, Americans’ tax expenses outweighed the amount that they spent to cover their most basic needs.

An analysis from the Media Research Center reveals that “consumer units” — defined as “families, single persons living alone or sharing a household with others but who are financially independent, or two or more persons living together who share major expenses” — spent an average of $17,211.12 in taxes-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We as adult Americans are supposed to be responsible for the functioning of our government. We have somehow muddled through, even with a civil war, to make a credible show of it and at one time became a beacon to the world and its aspirations. For a number of reasons enough of us have forgotten that and replaced it with complaining, demonstrating and anger at an imagined lock-step, monolithic "other side". We have now made it possible for either a De Facto single-party rule or the breaking apart of the dreams of our founders. I guess Benjamin Franklin was amazingly prescient to predict the new country would last about 200 years.

I'm not taking sides here, nor do I propose we totally do away with taxes, as that would be unreasonable. What I am saying is, there is an appropriate time to complain when the situation truly warrants such, and nothing wrong with that as that appears to be part of human nature. Benjamin Franklin understood that, which is probably why he predicted in the fashion he did.

There's nothing surer than death and taxes!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269244
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.