slug.com slug.com

7 1

How often do you read for fun?

A couple months ago, I was in a position where the only things I knew about books were what people said about them on YouTube. I didn't actually read at all. I'm wondering how many people are in that same boat.

• 3 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
BFrydell 5 Apr 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There should be a category for "Every day". I have been doing so since I could read English, since I was about 8. I'm now 65 and more in love with reading and the English language then I ever was. Actually, I'm addicted. If I don't have a good book to read I get depressed. But now there's gazillion things to read on the Internet and many websites that sell books. I'm retired and happier than I have ever been because now I can read 12 hours straight every day if I want to. Of course, my boyfriend gets a bit upset but I've always been honest with men and told them they would always be second place to my books. He's known me since we were 18 and I was studying English Lit so he knows better than to to argue too much.

Keep on reading - it opens a million different worlds and makes our present world more comprehensible.

I used to be more of an avid reader growing up, and when I get into a book I don’t stop, I spend any free time I have reading it and being so absorbed in it. But recently I haven’t as much, as I struggle to structure my life!

I've only been reading for a couple of years and I hate that i was so lazy about it for so long. I wish I could speed read so i can get through a list of stuff i want to get through 😟

I learned Speed-reading. It's very much like skimming and summarizing so it's best for reading reports and doing research. It doesn't give pleasure.

I roll with audiobooks now

Same, with juggling my daughter and daily chores I just don't get much reading time, i use Audible which i enjoy but it feels like cheating lol.

Basically daily since I bought my Kindle.

I read on my spare time. I read for fun and to seek and be armed with knowledge. Furthermore, in regards to knowledge, I would take evidence and extracts of readings and compile them in my Commonplace Book.

I recently started taking notes from documentaries etc. rather than just watching it I started to to pause, note things, remember and try and understand it etc then press play. The documentary was of course longer due to this but it showed me just how much I'd been missing by not writing things down. it's a great strategy !

@Limitmanjagers Well then, I guess we ought to trade styles haha. I ought to take notes on videos too. I mainly do this with books. Thanks for the comment.

I have so many incredible books that I have acquired over the last year or so and have had minimal time to invest in them unfortunately.

I know the feeling, It's frustrating which is why I use Audible while commuting to work. It isn't the same though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27029
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.