slug.com slug.com

2 1

The Trustees Report for the Social Security Trust Funds was released on August 31, 2021, and within hours, more than 270 pages of financial information was condensed into a single sentence.

“Based on the latest Social Security Trustees Report, the combined OASDI program will be insolvent by 2034, at which point there will be only enough incoming revenue to pay out 76% of scheduled payments.”-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 25

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@SpikeTalon @2FollowHim @Stratslinger

In classical American politics, politicians didn't dare steal from social security money, because then every old person would vote against them. Both Republicans and Democrats. This deterrent is gone.
Old Democrats should wake up and switch to Republican.

Young Democrats whine that old people screwed up the world for them.

Wrong. Young people were given a good world, and then they screwed it up for old people. Young people killed social security and old people will suffer.

The money was put into social security by old people, and young people stole it.

The prime political axis is old people vs. young. Not Republican vs. Democrat.

Old people don't want wasteful infrastructure. They want their social security money.

"Infrastructure" is theft of money from old people by young people.

Infrastructure should be done locally, not by the federal government.

"Infrastructure" is theft of money from rural territory by urban territory.

Democrats only care about city infrastructure. They don't care about rural infrastructure.

If I'd known and understood economics when much younger, I would have arranged my life differently. I didn't know the Bible in these areas for years, too late.
God covered for us: we knew and followed some but not enough.

I think? Do you agree that we SHOULD be able to set things up so we don't need the government or pensions. The answer may be small companies we run, then
train our family to continue while we continue to benefit. So a little expansion.
If family have their own plans, we also train and hire friends we feel close to, so
like family. Same ideology, similar beliefs.

Actually, I'm against billionaires but some other incentive could be given.

I dislike being beholden.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:270930
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.