slug.com slug.com

10 5

How can i watch my wife slowly Die

My wife is in the end stages of SCLC Cancer ,its killing me that i can't do anything for her

Thomas1965 5 Apr 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sadly my wife has passed ,its not right my daughters a mess and im not fare behind her just not right

Oh my friend, you will be blessed! I sat with my father in law dying of brain cancer. It was hard, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. His daughter and I sat with him for 4 months and talked endlessly of his memories, loves and travels, storing up the memories as he re-lived his journey thru this life. Once you resign yourself to the inevitable, the joy begins to come in. He confessed his regrets, told of his joys etc. When the time came we held his hands as he breathed his last and it was the most spiritual, graceful and beautiful thing I had ever experienced. It was only matched by watching his grand daughter born 11 months later. Keep the faith! The beauty will come!

@potwick
Thank you for sharing, Thank you

Stay strong, my friend

So very hard. You have my respect and prayers.

I’m so sorry. That has got to be about the toughest thing anyone has to do in life. Just be there with her and for her. If she is a praying person, pray with her and pray for her. Also, see to it that you take care of yourself and that you have a support system. I am a praying person and if you don’t mind I will pray for you both.

Thank you

How can I watch my wife slowly die?

With love, anguish, and compassion, if you're really lucky. With support. With rage. With fear.

With grace?

When my first wife died, after 18 years together, I didn't know what to do. Hell, I didn't even know who I was without her. There's nothing you can "do". Love her. Be there for her. Be kind. Be strong
.There will be plenty of time for grief. But that time is not now.
Cherish the moments. Cherish and adore her for as long as God allows. Show her she made the right choice walking this world with you and that she is more than a wife, a lover , a partner, that she is and will always be a part of your very soul.

@Boardwine

Thank you, she is all of the above I am just feeling a little lost

@Thomas1965 You're welcome. I know the feeling. There are no words. All we can do is hold tight to those we love and try to make it through one more day.

Sending kindness and love to you both.
may your network of support strengthen here with us Thomas.
I am here anytime you wish to talk.
your a brave soul to stand by her side at this time!
Big Hug Thomas!

@RubyWright

Thank you, young lady,

@Thomas1965 your a doll...thanks for the compliment Thomas!
little secret...i'm older than you..he hehe wink!

Lost my dad last June. Be strong. Being there for her now might be the most important and rewarding thing you ever do in your life. Pray.

sorry for your loss

I know how you feel

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28237
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.