slug.com slug.com

10 0

Legal/illegal

Should Marijuana be legalized on the federal level leaving it up to the States to decide if their people can use it or not? and why do you think the way you do?

Dutch 6 Apr 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Several reasons really. Canadian data and some from Colorado seems to show High way accident rates rise. Test scores decline and more use amongst minors. Artificial costs for high THC intensity strains also seem to be keeping a Black Market active. Not much good comes from complete legalization.

even though the federal laws that apply to all states over step their role? the reason we have 50 seperate states is so if you don't like the laws in one state you can move to a state more to your liking. now with the Federal governments overreach in telling all 50 states they can or can not do something. they remove our right to choose. thus taking away our FREEDOM. the federal government is supposed to protect us from foreign invasion( which they are failing at ) and resolve disputes between states.

and why???

Well we can watch the Canadian example and monitor 1) road deaths 2) crime 3) weakened education. Should prove interesting.

We shouldnt be giving the government this decision to make for us. all laws are inherently a source of power, the kind that leads to corruption, and suffering of those without the resources to escape the "black hole" of poverty(once your in too far there is no escape).

rights are all we need, there is no need to tell people what not to do, let the guns and evolution sort that out. if we were serious about freedom and living sustainably, this question wouldnt have even happened, living from our anscestors wisdom is what was truly lost when the system of government education started taking our children away for indoctrination

So I live in Nebraska and our local government is still telling people it is a gateway drug to other drugs and using marijuana lowers your IQ.... (the 80’s called and want their propaganda back). They went so far with their propaganda that they got the beloved Nebraska football coach to talk about how players that used did worse in sports and academics. Great strategic move. So I would like it legalized across all the states by the federal government.... I am generally not in favor of making something illegal for my benefit or best interests. I believe I am more than capable of making decisions on my own after studying the pros and cons....

I think its use is generally bad, but prohibition is worse.

Also, the current regulatory structure is unconstitutional.

If it is legalized on the federal level, I would want a 21st amendment (section 2) style rule where the Feds are explicitly given permission to prevent interstate transfer when that transfer is in violation of the laws of those states.

Are you arguing the Interstate Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution?

I'm okay with it as long as they make it legal for everybody BUT my kids 😉

The powers given to the fed in the constitution, are the only things it should govern. The rest of it is left to the states to decide, or the voters therein. One state may legalize all "soft" drugs, one may legalize all drugs, and still another might criminalize alcohol. It's up to the people in that state.

Yes. I believe the federal government should be worried about our national budget, national security, and foreign relations. Period. Everything else should be local and state.

I think so. I believe government should be as local as possible. It's more responsive to the governed. Too easy for bureaucracies to become so removed from the populace they become non-responsive. Take a look at the basis of the Brexit debate. Rule by administrators in Brussels is so removed people no longer feel connected to the state. Those guys were issuing rules on the size of cheese! Out of control.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29756
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.