slug.com slug.com

1 0

Civilian oversight

Should there be a civilian oversight into all laws now on the books both State and Federal as to whether the law goes against the constitution or not?

Dutch 6 Apr 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ummmm... we kinda sorta already have a facility for that.

who would that be??? JW?

@Dutch The third branch of government-- the Legal System / Courts.

too funny... the out of control legal system is who I want oversight on. they are the ones passing unconstitutional laws.

@Dutch Well, I was specifically referring the judicial portion of the legal system. They're not passing laws of any kind, but I get your drift, and I don't think you're entirely wrong about that. Though I think President Trump is doing a great job in picking judges to reconstitute our rigged and decrepit national judiciary.

I will agree with that.. but the unconstitutional laws already on the books need to be addressed.

@Dutch Yes, and that is the combined role of all of the branches of government. Yours and mine are the representatives we elect, along with our voices and whatever visibility we can muster. If we feel aggrieved we can "take 'em to court". And if we don't like the laws, we can run for office ourselves. It's not a set-and-forget system, we have to be active, remain active, and hold our politician's feet to the fire.

Also remember, the second amendment is the only thing that protects the first.

yes, the 2nd amendment..... so many laws that I am talking about INFRING on that one. and instead of doing the right thing and taking those laws off of the books. they keep adding more unconstitutional laws to them. hence my orriginal question.do we need cicilian oversight to reveiw all laws now on the books that are UNCONSTITUTIONAL???

@Dutch And then who watches the watchers? How many levels does it go? Far better, IMO, to fix the system we've got than to try and start inventing entirely new divisions. But that's just me, other folks might think otherwise.

civilian oversight is old farts like me serving our country for free. the way all PUBLIC SERVANTS are supposed to. it would not add to the government but rather keep watch on what they have all ready done. another thing is, their law that gives them a paycheck is unlawful...they are supposed to work real jobs the 3/4 of the year they are not doing government work. and only receive a SMALL stipence to cover their travel expences to and fron DC. they have grown government 1000 times bigger than it should be... the government IS NOT GOING TO FIX ITSELF!!!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29757
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.