slug.com slug.com

7 4

LINK I Have a Problem With This...

I dislike this congresswoman for the Islamocratic views, however, Brietbart is stooping to the same SJW whining they complain about.
This woman is a muslim. She is not allowed to recognize a Christian or Christian idols or some family member (e.g. husband/brother) may beat her.
Why on earth would anyone expect a religious acknowledgment of Norte Dame from a muslim? Know your Enemy!
I think the fact that she posted about it at all as a major indicator that she is improving.
I'll start complaining if/when they replace it with a mosque.

cRaZyTMG 7 Apr 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What worries me is they all worship the same God. Judaism, Christianity, Islam. All worship the same exact deity. Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd. Like someone is plotting behind the scenes to sacrifice souls to some vague entity and gather the wealth of countless individuals. Personally I suspect the Cathars, but it could be any number of cults that has been "forgotten" over the years.

Maybe Satan?

@cRaZyTMG Nah, it is busy making sweet tunes. Like the Devil's Trill Sonata. Rest of its time it is punishing people down in hell, it's the job God gave it after all.

I appreciated the back and forth between WilyRickWiles and iThink. Seemingly good points on both sides. The European crisis does sound very real to me, but that may be too much Douglas Murray, lol.

Good points! Thanks for staying moderate and keeping things in perspective. Very rational pt. of view.

I am willing to bet the ranch when they rebuild Notre Dame they will make it a shrine to diversity and multi-culturalism - very much like what was done on the site of the destroyed World Trade Center in NY.

That is the islamic way. Throughout history they have placed on mosque on, in or very near conquered and destroyed places of worship. The USA actually stopped the mosque being built at ground zero - I think it ended up down the street (not sure about this).

That's a bizarre thought--and do you really think the memorial and buildings on the WTC site aren't representative of the WTC, the people who worked there, and the people on the planes?

I don't think it bizarre to reject multiculturalism. Diversity IMHO is not Americas strength. Diversity of race and culture is no way to keep a strong and united population. There is nothing wrong with Loving your own country and the very principles upon which it was founded. If people of all races and cultures come here that's great - I don't have a problem with it as long as they assimilate into American Culture. If they hold on to their religions fine. Again no problem. But when they begin to make demands that everyone else bend their way of life and thinking - when they seek to establish their own "Law" (sharia) as something separate from Americas Constitutional body of laws I have a very big problem with that. If they do not believe they should be accountable to American Laws (and they don't) I have a very serious problem with that. I think it is an insult the USA in general and to the victims who died on 9-11 to put a monument there for the Muslims. Notre Dame stood for 870 years as a @WilyRickWiles

@iThink I think you're conflating the principles in the Constitution with a certain white Christian culture. There's nothing wrong with the latter, but to use your words, when you "begin to make demands that everyone else bend their way of life and thinking," that nativism becomes a problem. Your worries about Sharia law are paranoid and not grounded in reality. I wonder why you seem to care so deeply about what happened at the WTC on 9/11 when the dead were members of the multicultural elite that you seem to resent, and at least 30 were Muslim. I can tell you from my lived experience that multiculturalism is a success in this country. To believe otherwise is to succumb to propaganda meant to stoke and exploit the very division you fear.

@IThink And to be clear, the point I thought was bizarre was that Notre Dame would be transformed into some sort of modernist monument.

consider if you will how European "leaders" have taken in 3rd world immigrants by the tens of thousands - 100's of thousand maybe and in doing so have foisted a violent and terroristic cultural burden upon their native population. Multi culturalism is certainly a top priority to the elitists who have done this to the native European population. With that in mind I would be very surprised by anyone who can't see the writing on the wall. No one who has been paying attention should be surprised by the idea I mentioned. @WilyRickWiles

@WilyRickWiles my worries about sharia law are unfounded and paranoid? really? so you're saying there is no such thing as large swaths of urban properties that have been taken over by militant muslims? are you saying so called "sharia police" do not roam those neighborhoods seeking out and attacking anyone they deign to be "insulting to Islamic dogma"? are you saying that these areas are NOT in fact now known as "no go zones"? I don't think I'm being paranoid at all. I think you either don't know about these things or you embrace the doctrine of multi culturalism to the degree that you pretend it is not a real problem. I think the latter is true.

@iThink I'm not an expert on the situation in Europe, but I think those worries are overblown. Regardless, the situation in the US is not exactly the same. We have an ocean between us and Muslim countries and, due to our wars the Middle East and northern Africa, a moral obligation to accept refugees. Moreover, we have always been a multicultural nation, and a successful one at that. You paint with one brush the diverse global community of 1.8 billion Muslims. Your concern would be better focused on Saudi Arabia who spreads its extremist Wahhabism in Europe and throughout the Muslim world in its rivalry with Iran.

@iThink Let's constrain this conversation to the United States. Do you truly think those things you mention exist here? I saw someone post on this site that Sharia law had arrived in Illinois--and remember Roy Moore saying that it had taken over whole communities in Illinois and Indiana. I also remember Michele Bachmann, I believe, talking about Sharia law in Dearborn Michigan. As an Illinoisan, I can confidently debunk those notions.

Ocean barriers notwithstanding we are importing these people by the tens of thousands over a very short span of time. I disagree with the notion that USA is morally obligated to accept peoples claiming refugee status. At the very least there should be a stirictly followed set of rules - a guideline whereby we can made solid and objective determination as to the validity of claims to "refugee status". Are you really going to pretend that you are unaware of large centralized populations of 3rd world immigrants occupying large swaths of American cities? I am no fan of the Saudis. Wahhabism is just as violent and terroristic as is Sharia but to my knowledge we don't have a large presence of Wahhabist people here in USA - not yet. I have no problem with Islam per se. If even half of those muslims would speak up and speak out and reject violent jihad I would feel a lot better. If they would assimilate rather than trying to establish the very culture they fled here in USA I would not worry at all. But they do neither. Not only do they NOT reject violent Islamic jihad they usually will not recognize the fact that it exists. Take Omans "some people did something" remark for example. It wouldn't be a problem if she spoke only for herself but you know that her inability and unwillingness to say the words "muslims attacked the world trade center on 9-11 killing more than 3,000 men women and children". She speaks for a VERY high percentage of muslims living here in USA and elsewhere. @WilyRickWiles

go to you tube and search "no go zones in America 2018. You'll see what is real. @WilyRickWiles

@iThink Here's the refugee screening process from 2015. I hear it's gotten more "extreme."

@iThink LOL, if they're that easy to find, why don't you post the link of one that you think is credible? Better yet, find one in Illinois.

@cRaZyTMG you're not wrong, they originally wanted to build a mosque within a block or two, but there was so much blowback it didn't happen. It was proposed as a muslim cultural center/mosque. The organization American Society for Muslim Advancement, ironically.

@WilyRickWiles Sorry, not trying to point fingers or disparage ideas, but... Yeah, I know, as Americans, all of us, with exceptions including my family, are from somewhere else originally I have Grandparents and Great Grandparents from indigenous nations, but my lineage also includes, Scot, Welch and German, in short, I'm what the AKC would refer to as a mutt, an amalgam of several different breeds, so to speak. THAT, is America, as well as an idea. Our nation was founded on principles that it matters not where you came from, or who you pray to, but what you do, how you contribute, your actions toward your fellow Americans. That is the melting pot. Trouble is, since somewhere in the mid '60's there's been a concerted effort to "celebrate diversity" instead of coming together. Nowhere is that more apparent than many legal immigrant communities. Omar's district in particular has an overly proportioned number of public assistance households. In addition to petitioning the extremely Leftist city & state governments to insist their government provided food stuff be halal, or meat compliant with Muslim law, there is a very huge scandal brewing to the tune of $100 million or more in payments to Somali daycare facilities that funneled these pyments back to al shabaab. They have no interest in joining the melting pot, but insist that their neighbors accommodate their customs and beliefs. That has never been the American way and if we're not vigilant, we run the very real risk of becoming the boiled frog.

The World Trade Center multicultural center didn't happen, did it

There's a word for people who consistently criticize the terseness of someone whose first language is not English: pedant.

not that I disagree with everything you post but you seem to be pretty pedantic yourself. ha!

@iThink Point taken.

Well she at least acknowledged it as a lost. There is no law that says you have to refer to a cathedral by the proper name. However, she represents all people and it would be wise for her to at a minimum refer to it as a historic place of worship. What is going to be interesting is when the old money commies re-elect her and still hold conservatives to a different set of standards.

I thought she said all the right things, I would have waned more ... feeling. But if we criticize her over that statement, it will never end.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31280
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.