slug.com slug.com

1 2

There've been times I've very nearly been sucked into a narrative in the way I'm about to criticize, so I understand how much easier it might be to just assume the media is telling the truth and to accept all of it at face value. Except, I'm also keenly aware of politicians' and the media's deceptions beginning way back before the term "fake news" was ever popularized. Think back to "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" and "weapons of mass destruction." Politicians and the media have been trying to pull the wool over our eyes for a long time. More recently, "the bat plague couldn't possibly have come from a bio weapons lab," "anyone who gets the injection won't have to worry about contracting or spreading the bat plague," and "most secure election in United States history." Add to that, "the Canadian trucker convoy was made up entirely of racist, misogynist, violent Nazi sympathizers." All of those things are demonstrable lies, yet … it appears that people are accepting everything reported about the situation in Ukraine at face value as though they've never been lied to.

I'm not saying I know the complete truth. But I'm pretty sure that habitual liars don't just stop lying at the drop of a hat. Let me encourage you—no, let me urge you—to be more skeptical of any report coming out of the mainstream media, especially when they lead with a lie, like when they display a picture of the Ukrainian president in a flak jacket and claim that the photograph from 2021 is a current response to the Russian invasion. If they open with a lie, you can probably be sure that the rest of their report is nothing more than propaganda.

JP Sears tries to counter the problem of propaganda with humor, but the topic he's dealing with here isn't funny at all. One hopes that his satirical take on "We Lie to You News" will wake some people up and get them to start digging past the headlines and checking other sources before believing the mainstream & politicians' narrative. Be more skeptical, friends. The powers that be are trying to gaslight us.

AwakenWithJP video (10 mins):
"Ukraine and Russia: What the Media Wants You To Think!"

From the YouTube blurb:
Ukraine and Russia, here’s what the media wants you to think! As Putin and Russia unjustly invade Ukraine, why are they doing it? The brave Ukrainians are fighting Russian soldiers. Will they succeed? Should the US send military troops over to help protect Ukraine’s democracy?

Wordmage 8 Mar 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:318842
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.